what are you guys usin this spring for smallmouth?

Posted Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:39 am

rooster tail, senko

Posted Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:32 pm

Watermelon colored senkos and crankbaits. Topwater like poppers have brought some to the boat as well.

Posted Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:30 am

I like a 4 inch tube,something green with sparkles in it with salt and garlic in it. Also Rapala X-Rap Shadraps work well. But so far I've boated way more largemouth this spring than smallies,go figure.

Posted Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:28 am

Caught one so far, nothing big on a Baby Bass crank

Posted Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:46 am

depends where i am.. in a lake ill use pretty much anything id use for bass..usually brighter colors though..senkos x-raps and spinners all work well as well as a ghost shad rap on occasion.. in a river though i tend to use the rebel crawfish crank..its small and looks alot like a swimming crawfish, though the action doesnt quite mimic correctly..it works wonders..also a lure by the name of the sliding weight craw has caught me a buncha smallies..but they are tough to find nowadays.

Posted Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:00 am

Thanks for the feedback fellas, I for one will be using 4"watermelon seed senkos. They worked wonders last year... also inline spinners cast downstream are bound to catch White perch/Smallmouth in abundance.

Posted Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm

i like to use a 3/8 oz shakey-head with a chompers twintail spider grub or a 3/8 bullet sinker with a texas-rigged yum woolly-hawgtail oth in a brown or green color with red flake

Posted Thu May 27, 2010 8:47 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links