Hit it last night 8-12 ended up with 1-22, 2-24, 3-26, and 1-28 . Drifting my bobber between the bridges in windsor. Had a blast with my wifes cousin. I'm going to bed now getting set for an overnighter. I'll post a full report tomorrow with pics. Just so you all know, the 28 was gutted and we found absolutely nothing in the stomach. No bait????

Mark "The Shark"

Last edited by theshark on Sun May 10, 2009 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu May 07, 2009 4:20 pm

4 days in review: Wed. night Launched at 8 pm with my wifes cousin, Tom. We had action on pretty much every drift. Drifting eels 3-5 down in anywhere from 3 to 9 feet of water. Tom got the only keeper of the night, but we both ended up with plenty action. I'd have to say it was my most productive night this year. with all that action I took Fri. off figuring I would pull an all nighter on Thurs. So I met Bob and another Tom at the launch at 9pm. This night however started out with a 6/0 Gamakatsu circle hook through my thumb, On my reeling no doubt. First and second drifts we has a couple runs and one fish on the boat. After that nada. We fished the bridges all the way down to the Farmy and up to loomis. Nada.... the water was chocolate milk from the down pours we had. It seemed like the perfect night, minus the muddy water. Full moon, no wind, glassy water. What a bummer. Classic case of "you should have been here yesterday." Let's top off this night when Bob HAS to stop and take a piss which in turn sends tommys entire rig to the bottom of the muddy CT, in 9' of water. Thanks Bob Well thats when we call it a night at 4:30 am.
Fri. I just diddn't learn my lesson and launched on the Farmy at 8:00 with skipperj9. Had a few good laughes and caught a little buzz, but thats all I caught. Water still muddy all the way up as far as we could get. called it at 12:00am.
Sat. morning I had the annual Suffield sunrise park fishing derby with my four year old son Liam. He ended up with one nice rainbow about 12 inches on his first cast, a couple of smaller largemouth and enough pumpkin seed to feed a bear. At least the whole deal ended up good with Liam catching his share. He did end up with an honorable mention and a new pole and reel setup. The kid keeps me proud. Thanks goes out to The Composite lodge, all the volunteers, the town of Suffield, and the Sunrise park crew. I think all had a great time.
Now we let the mud settle down, look forward to a few sunny days and hit it all over again. WHOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Mark"The Shark"

Me with a healthy 26:

Another:

Tom with a 24:

Tom's keeper, just over 28:

And a unprepared matt with the emergency poncho:

Last edited by theshark on Sun May 10, 2009 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sun May 10, 2009 10:42 am

Good stuff MarK!Great report and excellent details,always appreciated!

Posted Sun May 10, 2009 2:23 pm

Nice I fished up that way last week for the first time ever. I didn’t know it is that shallow. I usually fish the lower Housatonic and it’s a lot deeper. We got some good schoolies though. I got a nice smallmouth too.

Posted Sun May 10, 2009 8:34 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links