Is any body use other web site like CTfishfinder? I just sign up on CTfisherman.com and don't like it very much and it cost $15. it is to cluttered and not set up very well. I guess it is because I like the layout of fishfinder.

Posted Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:49 am

I used to go on ctfisherman.com until he started charging. Not that I'm totally cheap, but I found just as good information on free sites like this one.
Also if you fly fish flyaddict.com is great.

Posted Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:20 pm

I paid the fee stupid me the is a rip off. I joined to get in touch with one person I'm trying to get them to come over to fishfinder. I bet I get booted.

Posted Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:02 pm

Been there done that, too much site regulation for a site you have to pay for. It is controlled by the man behind the curtain that can't produce what he promises. He also has his favorites, it get's kind of old looking at the same faces of the pictures he selects in the home page and banner.
It has it's benefits, much more participation from members, site outings, like picnics, tourny's and so on, just too cliquey for my liking.

Posted Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:37 pm

never been on that one,there is one I do like for all the good info,but like Lung said,very cliquey,lot of that going around seems like,I like it here,good group of men,I hardly talk to the jerks on the other sites.

Posted Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:59 pm

I think we should start some group outings, my kayak turney fell thru but I will reschedule. We should put together a team to discuss what we can do to grow the CT site. I'm in Smile

Posted Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:30 am

You need participants to make any event work Don. I was hoping to see more members from here sign up for the private Pollock charter, a great day of fishing while getting to know other members. I realize deep sea fishing in November is not everyone's thing and it is not a cheap trip, but the only people going on the site so far are personal friends and their friends. I'm hoping some additional site members decide to jump on and join us. A trip like this one would be filled in 5 days with a waiting list on another for-mentioned site.
Getting back to your original comment about group outings Don participation is key. As Carp mentioned we have some great folks on the site, but I think for the most part it covers a wide spectrum of different types of fishing and active members making a successful outing difficult to arrange. Hopefully I'm wrong in my assessment.

Last edited by aqualung on Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

Posted Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:17 am

Get me some info on your pollack trip. I'm got to the Cape this week end but I free after that.

Posted Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:08 pm

Don all the info is posted on the ground fishing forum here on this site. Check it out, be great if you can join us.

Posted Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:22 pm

After being called a liar every time I posted on CTF I gave up when they went pay to look. I use BigFishtackle.com as well as CTHUNTNFISH.com . Like here a great bunch of guys.

Posted Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:01 am

and they say that we flyfishermen are elitist! Laughing

Posted Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:02 am

its funny when i was telling a friend of mine about the site the first thing he said was that "the other pay site" was not that good and i told him to check out this site he approved. This is the site for me I don't even look for any other site. Dave O runs a great site we should all be greatfull, i am.

Posted Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:06 pm

Posted Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:43 am

Late last ice fishing season I had mentioned a get together but we ran out of ice and time......will try again this season.

I am also on the pay site and have met a lot of nice guys that have turned into good friends.Actually 2 of my best fishin buds I met just thru the classifieds after meeting and buying an item.
Most of the others were due to group outings and/or posting/accepting open seats and going fishing.

I would consider being part of a team to enhance this site but it takes the members here to become active when the call goes out.

Posted Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:35 am

Thanks everybody for all the great input. And that's why I put the of this sites on my truck. Thanks Dave O.

Posted Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:37 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links