120 Citations Issued During Thursday State Police 'Ticket Blitz'

The Hartford Courant

10:53 a.m. EDT, April 6, 2012
State troopers from the Danielson barracks issued 120 citations and 83 warnings on Thursday as part of 24-hour "ticket blitzes" that are expected to take place again on Friday and Monday.

State police announced on Thursday that troopers will be prepared to issue violations in two parts of the state during the "ticket blitzes."

Troop C barracks in Tolland will cover I-84 from Exit 64 to the Massachusetts line from early morning to 11:59 p.m. Friday, according to a release from the State Police Union. The towns of Ashford, Coventry, Ellington, Mansfield, Somers, Stafford, Tolland, Union, Vernon, and Willington are included.

East Haddam Police also are planning a "ticket blitz" on Monday in the area of Troop K, based in Colchester. It will be on Route 2 between exits 12 and 27, a union representative said. That includes Andover, Bolton, Bozrah, Colchester, Columbia, East Haddam, East Hampton, Franklin, Hebron, Lebanon, Marlborough, Portland, Salem and Windham.

Just think, they could win a free pizza

Posted Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:02 am

rt 84 was nuts this morning,the police had cars pulled over about every half mile

Posted Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:54 pm

We all have job to do

Posted Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:08 pm

kitchen2218

We all have job to do

Keep it legal!

Posted Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:38 pm

the real thing you have to ask yourself is why do we try and do it all at once? People dont know how to drive here, and giving tickets one day will not change a dam thing. I watch people run red lights every day, and i only drive two miles to work. If they would support DUI stops, i would say do it every day!!!!

Posted Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:44 pm

If they would support DUI stops, i would say do it every day!!!!

Oh in that case it would be Pizza and donuts Rolling Eyes

Posted Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:32 pm

It's just practice for when marshal law goes into effect...............right after the economy crashes.

Posted Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:01 pm

i sure would love to retire some day, hope thats not in the cards.

Posted Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:32 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links