Finishing up this year, and hope as always to go another time but as the weather is rapidly cooling there will be ice before january when i come back and have a chance to get out. Looking fwd to the spring, it will be my second in the northeast but my first year to develop a real plan. We went to black lake in upstate last year but only caught baby's. This year i now have my own yak, and am trying to be much better prepaired. Part of this is looking at baits for the big fish. I had a meps #4 spinner that landed the little ones, and a seven pounder, but i would like something much larger. Limited by my small gear right now i picked up a 7" suick and one mouldys hawg wobbler in 4.5" does anyone up here use either of these baits and have you had any luck. They seem to be a favorite in some other parts of the country, but have not seen them in the stores here or anyone talking about using them. Question Question Question Any other sugestions i have a bunch of #5 meps now to go along with them...

Posted Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:38 pm

I've caught pike on the suick years ago in northern Ontario. That bait has been around longer than any of us I think. It's a tried and true for musky.

Posted Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:25 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links