Looks like Aqualung too busy to put up a post so here is a quickie.I am sure he will chime in when he has time.Excellent day out on the water.Most guys had approx. 10-20 fish.A small handful struggled to put 5 in the box,me included.Top pool prize winner ($500) was a 16 lb 12 oz pollock.CT Fish finder member Carp13 held onto the 3rd place prize of $150.A big Thank You to Mr.Lung for making the trip happen!!!For those of you who didnt sign up you missed a great time and good fishing/catching!!!Thanks also go out to site member skipperj9 for helping the mates filet fish on the way back in to the dock!!!

Posted Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:37 am

No Doubt About It! It was a great trip,good group of men,pretty good fishing and a hell of a good time.I highly reccomend anyone who thought about doing it this year to definitely sign up next November.I KNOW I WILL BE THERE!!!Oh and by the way guys,I broiled some of that pollock tonight and it was tasty and yeah Tbob,I still have some left IN THE FREEZER!

Posted Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:53 pm

I wish I would've snapped a picture of Lung stufffing his face with hot pockets while WE were bagging his fish though.

Posted Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:55 pm

I'm going to give a rough guestimate but between me and my little buddy that came we ended up with close to 200 lbs of fillets. Skinned them all yesterday, when i get more time ill put up the few pictures I have. Good people Good fishing Good grief!

Its always nice to be on the catching end, leave it to tbob to take care of the fishing for me!

THIS IS WHAT I DO!

Posted Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:48 am

Was very happy that the fish finally showed up, they were running quite late and making me nervous.
Really turned out to be a GREAT trip.
Thanks to the few of you guys on this site that made it out, and a BIG thanks to tbob for helping and managing most of the fine details and handling the pool.

It takes a great crew to make a great trip and we had that!

Unfortunately Natestacklebox and Mark the Shark when it came down to it, could not make the trip.

Chicago ... Oh I mean Carp, was great to finally meet you, and be sure you will be most welcome next year...you really do bag fish very well Laughing I been looking for a good bagger for a while Wink

Be nice to see some of you other people on the site jump on next year, if I or anyone else decides to do a November Pollock Slam.

Sorry I did not take one picture, too caught up in the day.

tbob you should be able to grab some of swifty's pics or who evers and post em up.

Last edited by aqualung on Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:43 am

skippy,you should know by now that as long as I am out on the water and "fishing" I am quite content and happy.Any "catching" I do is a plus!And yes,you def loaded up Tuesday!

lung, it was totally my pleasure to have helped you out on this trip.
It went pretty smoothly even with the postponement on the 13th.
Say the word and I will be there to assist on the next one too!!!

Carp/Chicago took a bit of ribbing from the Capt.for letting his first fish die in the box alone but it turned out to be worth $150 so he went home happy.

Posted Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:58 am

Posted Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:50 am

Yea Mon, twas all that...good pics

For those who may wonder why I rescheduled early in the week instead of the following Friday here is today's Eastman's report

The good news is I just heard from the LMA III, and they killed the big Pollock again today... The bad news is, Friday is cancelled due to weather/rough seas.

Posted Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:56 am

Just another great call made by the "Grand Poobah!!!

Posted Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:33 am

What can I say...comes natural

Posted Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:43 am

oh brother.....please spare us oh mighty one!......gag and puke time

Posted Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:44 am

LOOKS LIKE A GREAT TRIP . MAYBE NEXT TIME . CHANGE MY VACATION PLANS NEXT YEAR SO I CAN JOIN YOU! Very Happy

Posted Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:29 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links