I am all about finding the greatest and coolest products out, but when i found this line i was convinced it was a must have for a try. Then you see the price-tag. A hundred dollars for 100 yds, that must be the most expensive line in history. Another pass at that price. As a side note the big promise is no knots, and the product video has a person tying a nail knot, wtf...
http://blackwater.myshopify.com/collections/saltwater-lines/products/blackwater-hi-tech-braid-x-16-100yd

Posted Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:07 pm

•High tech braiding technology from Japan

of course

Posted Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:33 pm

Picked up some line from Cabelas. Suffix braids were 50% off, and I got a few spools of Cortland 36lb. lead core for really cheap. Don't think I'll be trying the Blackwater any time soon, but I've tried most other stuff out there. There is no magic line that is good for everything.

Posted Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:58 pm

power pro now makes a product called hollow ace. This line is expensive to but the volume is much higher. That same 100 dollars will get you 500 yards vise only 100. Might have to look into and do a deal with someone else would would like to give it a try as well.
http://www.powerpro.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/us/power_pro_v2/products/hollow_ace/white.html

Posted Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:14 pm

Lots of the braid manufacturers make a hollow core. This stuff is for splicing really heavy offshore lines rather than tying knots that may be bulky. I usually use an Albright knot to connect braid to mono or fluoro leaders on the lighter braids I typically fish. Usually these hollow core lines are 80-100lbs and up. You could use it for lower #lb tests, but I'm just not sure the cost is justifiable.

Posted Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:03 pm

had some serious problems tying the joint between the powerpro super slick 8 and a leader. The PP wind knots all over the joint causing a mess. I was using a double uni knot, but i dont think that was the problem.

Posted Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:13 pm

Maybe try an Albright or nail knot? I use a small section of a coffee straw to tie the nail knot. Lots cheaper than buying a tool. A double uni may be more inclined to bend at an angle where the knot is tied. Just a guess.

Posted Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:52 am

I like power pro also, but had big problems with wind knots. I was told to flip the bail manually after each cast, but still got my share of wind knots. Lately I've been using reels with very narrow top flange on the spool, and wind knots are almost non existent. I also connect leader with a uni to uni knot.

Posted Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:16 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links