"Get Hooked on Connecticut"

Free Member Sign Up!
Already a Member? Login Here.
Add to Favorites

CT Fish Finder Forum Index
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 

kayak newbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CT Fish Finder Forum Index -> Canoes & Kayaks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gilligan
Baitfish Rank

Total Points: 1

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: kayak newbie Reply with quote

been looking at all kinds of kayaks I know I want a sot and 13 or 14 ft I do a lot of sound fishing and lakes ponds I kinda do all kinds of fishing I have been searching around for the best yak cant seem to make up my mind witch one to go with need help any suggestions on what make is good and what ones to buy looked at the cuda 14 ocean 14 hobie pro angler hobie is a nice yak but out of my price range
angryjohn
Striped Bass Rank

Total Points: 1210

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the hobie are top of the pile but cost a ton. I like nucanoe because of my ability to reconfigure it and the air pocket in the hull preventing it from ever sinking. If you fish with small children you have different concerns than those that are alone. I have an old classic that i really enjoy, but the new frontier looks great to.
roganas
Brook Trout Rank

Total Points: 48

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hei, I have a fell years of experience and I'll tell you the hobie is worth every penny, have one for 2 years and before I had 2 other models from Malibu, I even had a motorized one and still stick with the pro angler, the nucanoe looks good too! Choose the one best for you and have lots of fun!
pjl
Baitfish Rank

Total Points: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:53 am    Post subject: Thinking of purchasing kayaks Reply with quote

My wife and I love to go camping and fishing. We were thinking about purchasing 2 kayaks to do some lake fishing. We are looking at SOT 10' long with a weight of about 45lbs. will this be good for lake fishing?
angryjohn
Striped Bass Rank

Total Points: 1210

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your fishing alone then a 10 footer would be ok. I like the longer models because i bring a friend or one of my kids with me. Mine is 12'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CT Fish Finder Forum Index -> Canoes & Kayaks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: