Hit these 2 ponds this morning in my sons 12 footer.Started at Holbrook,threw senkos,chatterbaits,spinnerbaits,nothin doin and then went to my trusty jointed Rapala.Picked up one decent bass and a huge calico and then it happened.Cast out,take 2 turns on reel and feels like I got hit by a cement truck.Was throwin the Rapala with my dropshot rod with 6 lb test fluorcarbon so didnt want to chance horsin in this hog.I coulld not budge it.She was peelin line whenever she wanted to so tried to chase it down with the trollin motor.This went on for quite some time and then she wrapped me around the base of a lily pad.Finally got that undone and off she goes again and thats when she came unbuttoned!I have caught lots of bass along with my share of pigs and I am truly confident this would have been my new P.B.!Oh well,not today!
My son ended up with 2 pickerel and at Jurovatys I got just one pickerel.Got quite breezy so brought the boat home and went and played 9 holes of golf to finish off the day.

Posted Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:42 pm

Wow, a bass that big in Holbrook? Wouldn't have thunk it. At least you were able to get out there, sounds like a great day!

Posted Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:02 pm

At least ya had the thrill of the fight.
I have to ask...you sure? I mean really sure it wasn't a blue gill?? Wink

Posted Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:43 pm

Lung, I must have ESP cause I knew what was coming from the Windsor peanut gallery!You are one funny guy.................NOT!!!

Posted Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:11 pm

If you knew it was coming then there must of been good reason huh??? LOL
I'm just glad it didn't pull your "drop shot rod" out of your nimble fingers.
Seems you and your buds are doing well at Holbrook now ain't cha??

Last edited by aqualung on Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:08 pm

Fishing in the morning and a little golf in the afternoon. That is a very good day. I shoulda called out sick and done the same.

Posted Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:50 pm

Wow,that sucks! What are ya fishin 6lb for !?! Shocked

Posted Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:52 pm

Lunger, you really like to reach back into the archives to hurt a guy dontya? Who needs enemies when I gots you.Thanks for always bein there to commiserate with.Got beer?

carpy, I am guessin you dont DS...but lookin back at the event I should have been more agressive from the getgo and applied more pressure to control the situation.Live and learn.

Posted Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:02 am

You're right,I've yet to try drop-shotting but you'll never talk me into bass fishing in any situation with 6lb test.Whatever you can do with six you sure can do with a good quality eight.That's my .02.
You'll get him next time TBob.

Posted Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:32 am

I cant wait to show you how good the DS works!

Posted Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:05 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links