Any advice on this lake have a tournament coming up there in may first week.. any help would be great thank you..

Posted Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:48 pm

20 views and no one has advice on this lake.. come on guys

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:32 pm

Hang in there Mike. Not everyone in the group comes on every day and the one trip listed was by a guy who hasn't been on since last March.

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:53 pm

depends on the weather, my best bet for eraly May would be a suspending jerk bait with long pauses if the fish haven't moved up yet. If they have moved up you might want to try throwing a shaky head set up to irritate the bedding fish. There are some BIG smallies in that lake good luck.

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:27 pm

Highland is a nice lake .......

first bay: where the launch is left side theres a nice rock feild over near the resteraunt with patio bunch big bolders to pick around

2nd bay: along the road drops off sharply lots of rip-rap good place for suspended bass along the drop off

3rd bay: try where 2nd bay enters 3rd heres a current there where the water enters the 3rd bay at the pinch point between bays we dicovered it diveing the lake its on the bottom cold water flows into the back of the lake its slow but you can watch the fine material flowing into it like a slow river but its a current none the less. also where the cable lift is on the left as you enter 3rd ive had decent luck there . last of all straight down the center to end of lake in 3rd bay theres a kinda undeveloped spot another rock area there ..ive got a cd with a walk around of the lake when they did a big draw down few years back to fix dam shows a lot of bottom detail ill see if I can find it for ya....if ya need topos let me know ill post a few

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:12 pm

We just fished a tourny there in October 2011, tough bite that day. I hit my 3 in the first bay on a 1/2 ounce chat/wht spinnerbait. We got nothing in the other 2 bays. I also missed another 3-4 good hits on the spinnerbait. Just moved here last fall, so that's all I can help you with. I got all largies, lunker was 5 pound smallie, a couple other boats also got all largies. Beautiful lake, but can be tough I'm told. Good luck man.

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:28 pm

nwdarkcloud

Highland is a nice lake .......

first bay: where the launch is left side theres a nice rock feild over near the resteraunt with patio bunch big bolders to pick around

2nd bay: along the road drops off sharply lots of rip-rap good place for suspended bass along the drop off

3rd bay: try where 2nd bay enters 3rd heres a current there where the water enters the 3rd bay at the pinch point between bays we dicovered it diveing the lake its on the bottom cold water flows into the back of the lake its slow but you can watch the fine material flowing into it like a slow river but its a current none the less. also where the cable lift is on the left as you enter 3rd ive had decent luck there . last of all straight down the center to end of lake in 3rd bay theres a kinda undeveloped spot another rock area there ..ive got a cd with a walk around of the lake when they did a big draw down few years back to fix dam shows a lot of bottom detail ill see if I can find it for ya....if ya need topos let me know ill post a few

That is some good info!!!

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:16 pm

Thanks for all your help and advice. I amgonna head up there next week my son has the week off of school so i am gonna do a day up there I will let you guys know how we make out..Thanks again

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:55 pm

still haven't made it out there yet. but we do have the tournament this Sunday. will try and check it out Saturday morning just for a little while. will let you guys know whats up.

Posted Thu May 03, 2012 6:41 pm

Good luck, the weather hasn't been your friend lately for sure. It needs to stay one way or another for at least a short period of time for bass to become active. Supposed to be nice for Saturday and Sunday, should help.

Posted Fri May 04, 2012 2:40 pm

yesterday I noticed there definaty on the nest doing the dance of love so watch the shallows for nest shadows

Posted Fri May 04, 2012 3:48 pm

That sounds soooo dirty I may need a moment.

Posted Fri May 04, 2012 8:36 pm

water was 55 degrees rainy. a few bites couple trout pickerel two small bass.

Posted Sat May 05, 2012 5:11 pm

Thanks to earlier post by NWDarkcloud I decided to try Highland on Saturday. I recently got into fishing and have been trying to learn all I can. I took the advise given by nwdarkcloud and fished the first bay over by the restaurant. After about 30 minutes I hooked my second fish of the day (the first being a pickeral). I hooked and landed a 2.5 lb brown followed 15 min later by a 1.5 lb brown. I went or bass but those trout sure kept me entertained. I didn't launch until 1:00 PM so caught the first two sometime between 1:30 and 2:00. I got them using a 2.5" husky jerk, which ended up being my best producing bait for the day. I also caught a 1 lb rainbow and a 2 lb brown over in the right side of 3rd bay on the same bait while trolling. I threw a bunch of stuff for bass but only caught a 12". Thanks for the tips. Sorry, no pics. Camera malfunction.

Posted Sat May 05, 2012 6:13 pm

fished there again today i didn't do too good inthe tournament,but alot of fish on beds were caught

Posted Sun May 06, 2012 4:57 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links