Beware if you decide to fish the north end bridge in Springfield bring your hardhat. Last night around 10:00pm while cat fishing we had a huge splash 2 feet from the boat, thinking that it was a passing car throwing a beer bottle we continued fishing. A few minutes later another one about 5 feet from the boat. We look up to see someone throwing rocks and bolders. The person then yelled out F-U!!! and threw hand fulls of rocks and asphalt at the boat hitting it all over. At that time we took up our lines as fast as we could and drove away and called the cops. So next time you decide to go cat fishing under the bridge bring your hardhat!!!

Posted Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:19 pm

Man,forget the hardhat,bring a gun!That's bull$h**!

Posted Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:26 pm

That's why I keep my expired flare gun flares for just such emergencies.
Good thing he was a bad shot. How'd you do fishing??

Last edited by aqualung on Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:26 pm

not to good, lots of hits but no cats we were getting really good hits under the bridge and i know if we sat there a little longer we would have gotten some but over all it was a ruff night the rocks kinda spoiled it. went over to the boat and picked some more rocks out today if anyone knows some good spots where i wont get ambushed that would be great

Posted Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:51 pm

I did forget to mention use caution when packing a loaded flare gun and firing it in a hospital, the damn rock thrower may have made his way down to New London I suppose Wink

NEW LONDON - Police are investigating a bizarre incident in which a woman shot herself with a flare gun inside Lawrence and Memorial Hospital.

The 59-year-old woman, whose name was not released, fired the gun Saturday afternoon, filling a hallway with smoke, setting off alarms, and prompting a response by the city's fire department.

The woman was treated at the hospital for injuries that were not life threatening.

Further details were not available Saturday night.

Posted Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:58 pm

Laughing may be joining that lady if he try's it again, because this time i will be ready

Posted Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:27 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links