I normaly go to we tu, and there small but decent, and i have driven by the shop in downtown norwich and thought of stoping many times. I looked up certified diawa shops and found J and B in niantic. They have the worst costomer service ever. I droped off my reel and was told seven days. Two weeks and 5 phone calls later i get my reel back. I was not impressed so i will not go back, even though they seem to have some good stuff. Now i have to find a place to have my equipment done, i will mail it off before i go back there!!!!!!!

Posted Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:23 pm

I always like Hillyers Tackle in Niantic. They are geared more for saltwater. Cabela's is got a good selection but too much like big box store.

Posted Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:59 pm

I took all of my grandfathers old Penns to Hillyers and had them completely overhauled. Matt Hillyer is a pretty nice guy, and they had 5 reels done in about a week and a half (it was during the busiest time of the season, and they were right as promised). I'll stop in there quite frequently in the summer as it's where I usually launch my little boat from. I know they are a certified service center for several manufacturers as well.

Posted Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:39 pm

thanks i will check them out, going fishing with darkcloud this weekend maybe we will get a chance at going in the next few weeks.

Posted Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:45 pm

Supposed to be a nice weekend. I hope to get out. Good luck to you guys.

Posted Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:27 pm

Rivers End in Saybrook or Dee's in New Haven.

Posted Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:59 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links