I've been fishing some small ponds and notice a lot of dead fish floating. Most are sunny's and I've seen a couple of bass not many thankfully. But all the bass i do catch look healthy. Has anyone noticed and big fish kills any places that werent so lucky?

Posted Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:05 am

Ive seen some sunnys and some crappie but no bass!!!

Posted Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:32 pm

Spent the day at the south end of Pachaug Pond. Didn't see any problems, although I came up empty, a couple of guys yaking, caught one small pike (18" or so) and a bass, but I didn't see any fish kill evidence.

Posted Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:33 pm

North Farms Reservoir in Wallingford got hit bad. Very shallow and little water flow is the problem. Only walked a short section of shore because it stunk so bad. Saw hundreds, if not thousands of sunnys, several good size LMB and several large Carp, which is amazing because Carp can usually survive in anything. Guess if they can't surface, even they couldn't survive. Such a shame. Gonna be nasty when it warms up, because they are in very shallow water and even on the shore.

Posted Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:48 pm

what side of north farms were you on because i walked the side near 68 and not much fish kill there a few days ago (wednesday)

Posted Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:05 pm

Walked same side about 2 weeks ago. Haven't been back since. Haven't heard about any type of cleanup. Can't believe rain would've pushed em all back off shore.

Posted Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:53 pm

In the anglers guide for last season there was a number for reporting fish kills: 860-424-3474. I could not find that listing in this years, but the number is listed for several other items ad appears to be the main DEP Fisheries number. I don't know if it would do much food at this point, but I'm just putting it out here.

Posted Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:09 pm

found a washed up sunny

Posted Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:18 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links