Well time is just about up for the Pollock up north, Mac and I are going to squeeze in a trip tomorrow, hopefully the pollock are in a hungry mood...report good or bad to follow

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:38 pm

Good luck on the fishing and weather!

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:52 pm

You wanna go Snap??? Or anyone else for that matter... room in my truck for one more...No tackle or gear required, got ya covered, just pay me for anything you lose.

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:55 pm

Good luck. Headed to upstate NY for steelies.

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:47 pm

catch em up RNA....Good Luck

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:54 pm

From the report online....looks like you guys had a great day!

Posted Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:24 pm

Lung and I got up to Eastmans about 6:00 AM. Lung brought his "coffin" of a cooler and I brought my new virgin 36" long igloo (shoulda bought a bigger one, but this one barely fits into my car). Boat launched at 7 and we were on fish shortly after 9:00 at 300' depth. Went with a blue tube teaser above the jig and never switched. Only 40 people on the boat, so tangles weren't too much of a problem (though there were a few). Moved off the first spot after a few were caught and landed a few more at second location. I had 5 in the cooler and Lung had 3 when Capt. Mark decided to move further out. This was the right choice. I can now say I have experienced a Pollack Slam.
Jig hit the bottom at 310' depth and fish on, and I mean everybody!!!
Three mates were so busy, Lung and I didn't even bother to wait for a gaff half the time. It was either swing em over or hand pull em in. Didn't eat or drink much, since there was no time. Lung went for a nice stretch of hooking doubles and started filling his cooler FAST. When all was said and done at about 1:30 or so, we couldn't fit another fish into either cooler.
As the mates were filleting our catch, they kept asking if they had made a dent in Lung's cooler. They were hoping there were ice blocks in the bottom, which was not to be. When they finally finished Lung's, they moved to mine and asked if I was in the same "group" that Lung's cooler was from. I just said yes, because they thought we had to have multiple people in our group, and I didn't have the heart to tell them it was just the two of us. If there was an available crate, we would have kept loading up.
I have learned two things from this trip. NO cooler is too big when you hit a slam, and Lung needs to get wheels under that damn coffin of his. I ended up with 72 lbs of fillets (weighed when I got home), and Lung's cooler felt like it was filed with cement. Not fun getting it off the boat. Thanks Lung. That was a blast. Not many pics, as didn't have time.

My "virgin" cooler

Lung's coffin
We packed a couple more fish on top after these photos were taken.

Posted Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:43 pm

That's fishin' right there!

Posted Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:56 am

Anyone who missed this one, missed a great one. Mac covered the details...I iced up the cooler last night and haven't even attempted digging into it yet today. Anyone interested is a couple of fresh fillets and want to pick them up in Windsor, post up and let me know.

Good time for sure Mac

Posted Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:08 am

aqualung

You wanna go Snap??? Or anyone else for that matter... room in my truck for one more...No tackle or gear required, got ya covered, just pay me for anything you lose.

Thanks for the invite. Missed that one. Lung seems to be the "lucky charm." Glad you guys had such great results!

I sent you a PM Lunger.

Posted Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:58 pm

I was a little bit skeptical when Mac said he brought 75lbs of fillets home from this trip, thought he might be exaggerating just a little bit. But let me tell you, I stopped by Lung's yesterday to pick up some fillets he so generously offered to me and he had all of twice what Mac said he brought home! I never seen so much fish outside of a fish market in my life! Now one might ask themselves as I have often in the past, "What the hell can one person possibly do with that amount of fish?" Well he does like most of us do, when he does well, he gets plenty of fillets for the freezer, he distributes nice fillets to his friends, neighbors, etc. His dogs eat plenty, hell his chickens even love the scraps. But that still leaves a whole hell of a lot of fish. In the process of skinning the mountain of fillets he had and partaking in beverages Mr. Lung let a piece of information slip that I would never suspected of him. Turns out his wife works in social services and when The Captain comes home with a ridiculous amount of fish she then distributes fresh fillets to families in need. Sorry to blow your cover buddy but even though I know you would never look for recognition for yours and your wife's good deeds I feel like you two deserve it and being in the midst of the holiday season maybe me putting this out there will inspire someone to do something along these lines.My hat is off to you sir.............Thanks again for the fish and the hospitality!

Posted Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:42 am

I swung by as well. Best fish ever!

Posted Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:59 pm

Thanks Carp...Glad you enjoyed the fish Snap..and thanks again for the gift, sorry I didn't have more time to BS but had to get ready for the cod trip I was on yesterday, I caught a few small cod on that trip, it was nothing like the Pollock slam, you can be spoiled for life from a Pollock slam

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:02 am

Happy to hear you didn't get skunked. Glad you got a couple yesterday for your efforts though Smile

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:58 pm

Outstanding!

Posted Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:52 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links