I just remembered that I went by Lisbon Landing Mall (I-395, Exit 84) the other day and discovered a sign that said Dick's Sporting Goods Comming Soon.

Last edited by pramsey on Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue May 03, 2011 2:35 pm

yup! Kinda looking forward to it opening. They have some decent stuff. Was there on Sunday, there just starting to work on the outside. Thinking it will be the end of summer when they do open.

Posted Tue May 03, 2011 5:01 pm

Thank you for contacting DICK'S Sporting Goods.

It is always our goal to ensure our customer’s satisfaction by offering quality brand products, store services and the best customer care to all of our valued customers. We appreciate your interest in our new location. Unfortunately, we are unable to release an exact Grand Opening date, as this information is considered confidential and proprietary to DICK'S Sporting Goods. However, our approximate opening date is in October.

Posted Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:44 pm

Any job openings?

Posted Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:12 pm

I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to give 'em a call! If you do, GOOD LUCK!

Posted Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:05 pm

Thanks Pramsey, Do you happen to know the phone number? Smile

Posted Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:07 pm

Hey Bill out of curiosity what do you do or did you do for work??
Never know, I or another member might know of something, can't hurt

Posted Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:40 am

Hi Aqualung, I use to own a bait and tackle shop over in East Hampton across from Lake Pocotopaug. I sold everything from garden worms to most of the saltwater baits. From kids rods and reels to St Croix rods and most major brands of reels. Tackle from trout to stripers. LOTS of bass tackle. Then Cabelas came, then the economy droped like a rock. And something that I didn`t see coming, To long of a story for here, but you wouldn`t belive

Have been to school for Mech Auto Cadd at Porter and Chester and worked for a printing company.

Thanks for your help. Bill

Posted Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:29 pm

Oh I can believe the way chit happens, I have seen more than my share. Must of been nice to have your own shop. Cablela's hurt ya I'm sure but the computer age and being able to buy everything on line had to hurt.
If I hear of anything at all I will let you know and you can take it from there.

Posted Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:01 pm

I loved that tackle shop, it was my life. Untill I had it taken from me because someone else thought they wanted my property more than me an ran me out of the biz because he has way more money than me. At times, life sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mad

Posted Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:09 am

Oh wow,so you are that Bill!...sorry bout your closin up shop....we just lost Crystal Lake B and T recently....Keith was nice guy as is 99% of tackle shop owners!......just throwin this question out atya Bill....would you work at Cabelas or does that give you heartburn??

Posted Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:04 pm

I was thinkin the same thing tbob, figured you could throw it out there to Dusty. Took ya long enough Laughing

Posted Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:58 pm

I would think with your experience fish'n' & hunt'n' and expertise in the business, you would be a good fit at any of those sporting goods places, but like tbob said, if it doesn't give you heartburn! You got my PM right?
tbob55

Oh wow,so you are that Bill!...sorry bout your closin up shop....we just lost Crystal Lake B and T recently....Keith was nice guy as is 99% of tackle shop owners!......just throwin this question out atya Bill....would you work at Cabelas or does that give you heartburn??

Posted Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:26 pm

OH YEA tbob55, I would happy to work for Cabelas. I have caught fish from sunnies to marlin, and hunted for rabbits,quail, ducks,pheasants,turkeys, and lets not forget my favorite thing, DEER. Have been hunting and fishing since I was 9 years old. I`m 58 now so I do know quite a bit about it. I don`t know everything, but more than others. I think my experience would be very helpful to them. Plus I have done some taxidermey years ago. My world is hunting and fishing.

Posted Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:47 pm

OK Bill....I have copied/paste your above quote and will forward it to my connection at Cabelas. He is on another fish website. I will ask if any openings.

Posted Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:49 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links