Anyone know when the grand opening is Question

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:02 pm

I have not heard the date yet. I had heard it will be in October and is on track. I heard on the radio that there is some open house for dignitaries this week.
Between Orvis, LL Bean now Cabellas, central CT is becoming the fishing capital of the world! javascript:emoticon('Laughing')
Laughing

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:39 pm

Thank's for the update. Where is Orvis located?

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:25 pm

Route 44 in Avon.
Did you catch the news last Thursday when they showed the dignitary tour in the store?
BIG!

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:54 pm

I did catch a little bit of the news last week that showed the private "screening" of the store. I can't wait to check it out when it opens. I drive past it on my way home from work every day.
How is the Orvis store in Avon? I have never been (obviously, or I wouldn't have asked where it was Smile )- Is it any good?

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:17 pm

Nice store. Helpful folks. The guys in the store know fishing and love to talk about it.

Posted Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:58 pm

Cabela's opens a week from tomorrow (10/19). I got a pass in the mail to go on Wed. 10/17 before the official opening. I assume all Cabelas credit card holders got the invite. I'll be there on Wednesday to blow some dough. Laughing

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:49 pm

I don't have the credit card, just the rewards card. I would not be able to get there before Saturday anyway.

By the way Ken, your new diet is doing wonders! Twisted Evil

Posted Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:44 pm

steamstomper

By the way Ken, your new diet is doing wonders! Twisted Evil

It's Kevin, not Ken (your not the first to make that mistake Wink ).
As far as the avatar goes, just doing my part to try & grow the membership here. A little "eye candy" never hurt. Very Happy

Posted Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:30 pm

That's ok Kevin. I still think you caught a great fish! Wink

Posted Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:19 am

steamstomper

That's ok Kevin. I still think you caught a great fish! Wink

Thanks, and the Redfish is nice too. Very Happy

Posted Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:24 pm

This thread is going to seem strange when I change my avatar.

Posted Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:25 pm

Went to Cabela's tonight. I was in the store for about 2 hours (about 5 to 7). The place is huge. Definitely a must go. Even if you don't buy anything it is still worth a trip. Tons of taxidermy animals and a couple aquariums w/ native fish: carp, largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, pickerel, pike, trout etc. I ended up only spending about $90. The amount of items to look at was overwhelming.

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:27 pm

Oh yeah I forgot to mention if anyone needs waders at all, head to the bargain cave in the store. They have bunches of them along with a ton of other discounted items.

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:28 pm

Cabelas is definately worth the trip...i drove past the east hartford cabelas this past weekend. they were just putting the finishing touches on the place and training staff....ive been to the Cabelas in pennsylvania a couple times back when i went to school in VA...the place is awesome...can definately spend hours in there looking at all the stuff they have...cant wait to go this weekend. hope to see everyone there.

- dave o

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:07 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links