I have been planning on going to the store since I saw the first article in the Hartford Courant 18 monts ago!

Posted Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:30 pm

You gotta check it out. You won't be dissapointed. You may want to wait a week or two first, unless you like fighting crowds. Wink

Posted Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:09 pm

heading there tomorrow...should be a zoo, but hey thats what its all about on opening weekend...also just an fyi...the winner of the current contest can also choose a cabelas gift card if they want instead of the orvis or llbean gift card

Posted Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:28 pm

Went Sunday morning. It was worth the trip. Took the wife and my 3 year old. All the animals and fish kept him occupied. The women's wear and housegoods kept my wife occupied. Everything else kept me occupied.
Disappointed w/ the fly fish area, but the local shops are still the best for that fishing style.
I will surely be going again, then stick to the catalog!

Posted Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:56 pm

steamstomper

Disappointed w/ the fly fish area, but the local shops are still the best for that fishing style.

Gotta support the bait & tackle shops. Wink

Posted Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:38 pm

You cannot over emphasize the beauty of local knowledge. My best example is when I had my friend Mark come up to fish the Farmington for the first time. We went to Upcountry and we got maps, directions and proper bait. We had a very successful day on the river. Mark's comment at the end of the day was, "that was the first time I ever had a tackle shop give me information that was 100% accurate. Going to larger places never ends in success". Laughing

Posted Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:43 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links