Hit Beseck Lake for a couple hours late this afternoon in my kayak. Water temp 51 degrees. Several high end bass boats out there. Caught a 14" pickerel near the left side of dam around a submerged tree at 3:00 PM. Was using a baby bass Zoom fluke at the time. Wasn't much, but at least I finally got my first fish of the season. Never had another strike and gave up at 5:00. While working the shoreline, I struck up a conversation with one of the residents. He told me that Pike had begun to over run the lake. Used to be a fairly large duck population, but it seems that pike have been taking the ducklings and numbers have reduced. He said a couple large pike were taken ice fishing right near his back yard dock in February. His dock is 200 yds to the left of the boat launch (as you enter the water) Water in that area was about 9ft deep. No pics, since I forgot my camera.

Posted Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:23 pm

Way to get after em MAC!

Posted Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:42 pm

I had heard about the Pike someone had let loose in there a few years ago. Too bad, but maybe it will be a better Pike lake than bass. When I go for bass, it usaully isn't Beseck.

Posted Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:03 am

The resident said that he feeds fish from his dock (of all things, he tosses in bacon). He has had good size bass that came up to feed. Makes me think of using bacon as a trailer next time I go there.

Posted Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:38 am

Mac, let us know how that works. It might be the hot tip of the year. Laughing

Posted Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:46 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links