Took Pop and a friend of mine back to the barn for more flukin. For some reason their getting smaller rather than bigger. Constant action while the tide was running, but nothing again over 16". Porgys galore as well as a few searobins came abourd. No top water action as well for the whole day. Next saturday will be my last time I can chase these fish, and I can only hope they grow real quick. Rolling Eyes

Posted Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:09 am

I will say this has been one of the worst fluking years for me as a whole that I can remember.
It started out very well but dropped way off, for me anyway.

That's another thing, the top water action has been non existent, I enjoyed coming back in after fluke fishing to find the blues or stripers crashing the surface, I have not seen it once in the Stonington area yet this year Confused

Posted Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:20 pm

Nether have I lung. We saw a quick few splashes while fishing, then gone before we got the lines in. Strange year for sure.

Posted Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:46 am

Wonder if the False Albacore or Bonito will be in soon.

Posted Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:09 am

We were out in Westbrook this weekend. Very little fluke action. Some of the guys were saying the East wind did not help. No top water action either. But, at least we were able to get some keeper black sea bass off of Clinton. Not at big as Lung's, but a good meal anyway.

Posted Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:19 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links