I have the opportunity to join a private charter trip fishing for cod on the American Classic with Capt. Jim Walsh on Friday 3-20 out of Lynn Mass.
The trip is from 4 AM till 5 PM
the cost $125 if you are interested in going let me know.

Last edited by aqualung on Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:31 pm

I am definately interested in this trip. Count me in as a definate. I can probably get at least two or three more guys to come also. Let me know the details and if you need more people I may be able to come up with some more people. I definately need to know that the trip is on and how and when you will need deposit money to confirm the trip. The AC is one of the better cod boats. I have fished with Capt Jim before and he is good. If it is going to be overloaded I don't need that. I made a trip on the Gail Francis and they packed 107 people on the boat that day. You can imagin the results.

Posted Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:19 am

Hiya Capt Phil from what I am told the trip is limited to 30, plenty of room with that number.

You got that right, Capt Jim does a GREAT! job.

I asked about additional people I will let you know when I hear back.

I won't commit you until you give the go ahead Phil.

Generally speaking Capt Jim gives the final word that Thursday morning if the weather is questionable.

Posted Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:44 am

Bob,

Count me in reguardless. I will go for sure. If you need more people let me know ASAP and I will see what I can do. I know of two for sure however I may be able to get more. All the trips I have made on the AC has always been charters limited to 30 people. Its great and every fisherman has plenty of room. Email me directly with information at sharkking41@hotmail.com. I got so lost with out fishing this winter I started lobstering with some friends to keep from being a basket case. Its brutal but I have learned a great deal from the guys.

Capt Phil

Posted Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:57 am

if you guys need a third person I would Be intrested

Posted Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:33 pm

Phil, John, Matt

I have an email sent,waiting on the head cheese to get back to me. Not my show, I have to wait on his answer.

Posted Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:54 pm

OK it looks like whoever want's in is good to go.
I need confirmations from everyone, so I can tell the boss.
Post up and say "add me" if you are sure you are going.
I will find out the details for payment.

Confirmed as of now

1) Aqualung

2) Capt Phil

3) Skipperj9

4) john7110

5) Kevin Bentley (Phil Guest)

6) Al Lamperrelli (Phil Guest)

7). Ron Yerman (Phil Guest)

8.). Steve Williams (Phil Guest)

9.). John Hogenoker (Phil Guest)

Last edited by aqualung on Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:24 am; edited 4 times in total

Posted Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:54 am

Bob,
I will get in touch with several of my fishing crazy dudes and let you know "for sures" tomorrow. I am pretty sure of at least two more and maybe more. After we see if we are going to have enough people for the trip we will work out any downpayment details as to who and where to pay it. Sounds good to me. Keep me posted.

Capt Phil

Posted Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:12 pm

I am in.......

Posted Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:12 pm

OK John

Posted Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:16 pm

ALL...
Final tally as of 3-13-09 at 9:30 PM has been submitted for 9 spots.

I myself will be responsible for 9 people's payment for the trip.

Please contact me or I will contact you to arrange payment to me.

Anyone who is not paid in full before sailing will not be going.

Posted Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:28 pm

Here's a report from the boats Sunday trip.

Sundays trip on the 15th, we had great weather 50 degrees and sunny,seas were like glass so we were able to drift all day,most fares were using jigs which produced the most fish compare to the baiters who were limited to their catch, all in all it was a slow day compared to the previous trips as we moved a lot more than usual to get on the fish,I did see three wolfies come up 1 on bait, a couple of haddock on jig.the market cod was there but you had to throw back more than your share of shorts to get them.nothing of great size was pulled up but there was some nice 10 +/- lbers on board. but to sum it up it certainly was no slaughter.

Let's hope that the fish cooperate better on Friday

Posted Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:06 pm

Bob,
Just finsihed up collecting from my guys. I have the money in hand and will pay for the six of us. All are excited about the trip. I still had to remind them that is fishing not catching. If we hit it right all will be great, other wise it will be a pick all day. I just wanted to reassure you that we are all set. We plan on leaving Groton around 12 or 1 Am. Just be ready to have some great fun reguardless of the outcome. I know Capt Walsh will do his best to put us on the fish. Unless you want the money before Friday, We will see you Friday morning. If you need the money before then let me know. I won't be able to meet you till Wednesday because of prior commitments.
Phil

Posted Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:40 pm

Awesome Capt Phil, thanks for doing the collecting, I will message you.

Posted Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:13 pm

Hope you guys have a great day Friday.I would be with you but going up April 17.Will be watching for your report/pics!Good Luck!

Posted Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:08 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links