Lung,bud Wayne and myself did a 12 hour Marathon trip yesterday.
Firts time trying out this boat which sails out of Gloucester,Mass.
Great boat...not so great mates(personality wise) and a rather dull Capt....as far as catching it was a slow pick all day but he did put us on fish at each stop...I have to report that once again tbob was high hook between us with 6 cod,5 haddock and 1 cusk.All the fish caught were nothing big to talk about and the boat pool winner was a hake of approx 15 lbs.Many short cod were caught and I was also regrettably on fire hookin into doggies quite often, at least 8 of the dammm things.It was basically a 50/50 split between a bait bite and jigs working. But we all had a great time as always!

Posted Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:16 pm

tbob55

I have to report that once again tbob was high hook

Apparently you have been fishing alone quite a bit lately..."once again" Hahahahaha

Good times as always

Posted Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:51 am

Lung, you let TBob outfish you?......AGAIN?........It's that time of year boys and I'm thinking Pollack Slam! If it's happening count me in!

Posted Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:35 am

"Let" me outfish him?....are you kiddin.....I worked hard to put fish in the box and had to deal with bunch of doggies on top of it!

Posted Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:47 pm

Carp knows Wink
I have to let tbob beat me by a few fish every now and again or he get's very grumpy and pouts a lot Crying or Very sad
I don't mind on the cod trips..but as he knows no more Mr nice guy when it comes to toggin

Posted Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:25 pm

Just you wait til you see my NEW toggin skilllzzzzz.......mine will be
all dandies.....no small ones for tbob!Dont bleed out yours cause we will prob end up cullin out yours and replacin with mine....
cmon Oct.1!!!!!!!

Posted Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:27 pm

As long as the NEW skills don't include sending the NEW Torium to the bottom well then maybe you just might be in business! Wink

Posted Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:53 am

Why does everybody think they are fukkin comedians around here?

Posted Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:56 am

'cause, you know how they say "keep your day job"....... We don't have day jobs.

Posted Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:17 am

tbob55

Why does everybody think they are fukkin comedians around here?

See what I mean....you must of gone fishing yesterday and were out fished

Secondly the tossing the new Torium over the side incident will be
good material for years to come Laughing

Posted Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:26 am

I think the 3 of you should fish together in a very leaky boat soon!

Posted Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:42 am

Toggin' is a new word to me, so I had to look it up. In the process I also checked out the Torium 20 and the Fenwick Fippin' Stick (starting here for those who have not read the sad story) http://www.ctfishfinder.com/phpBB2/good-fish-lost-rod-t2361.html A Shimano Torium 20 goes for around 150.00 - 190.00 and a Fenwick Flippin Stick goes for around 100.00 - 220.00 depending on the model.

If I lost that much money in equipment my wife would make me quit fishing for about 11 years, or sell myself on the street for about 30 years. And at the age of 51 that would make me the only 80 year old bankrupt male pro on the street (I think). And I still don't have a good pair of polarized sunglasses that actually help me.

That make you feel better tbob?

Last edited by pramsey on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:07 pm

tbob55

I think the 3 of you should fish together in a very leaky boat soon!

Nah, I wanna fish in that 26' beauty Lung has sitting in the driveway!............what a shame. .............Hey Lung let's take that thing out 1 time (if you didn't sell it yet that is). I'm workin full time now, I'll gladly put my share of expenses.............Put it together man,let's do it!

Posted Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:10 pm

Not really pram.....you even had to post that old thread?

carpy,bout time you got a real job.

man lunger, tough,ballsy crew here....now he is raggin on you too.

why dont you turkeys post a fishin report for a change?

Posted Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:40 pm

You know I been out there tbob and have provided you with first hand info.
I guess I am getting too laid back, I didn't see pramsey or carp 'raggin' on me...but if they did that's OK, I will get mine in Wink

I find it somewhat useless to be posting reports while it seems most do not...not sweet water of course, not to mention there does not seem to be much effort going into anything in general.

Regardless...to call me a "Turkey" I find uncalled for...I will be calling your therapist first thing in the morning... I think a med adjustment is required Razz

Carpster...2 things, I may...and that's just a may do a pollock trip, if I don't, we can hop on a day trip in November, tbob you know you are invited but I think you have your pollock season pretty well booked.

As far as the Robalo..It's still here, I jumped in it today actually and checked things out. I definitely want to splash her in the next few weeks, I will let you and grumpy know if and when it is happening.

Posted Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:34 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links