The International Game Fish Association is going to announce tomorrow at 1:30 if there is a tie for the world record. When they say tie its because the IGFA rule says the fish has to be at least 2 oz bigger to beat the record. On July 2, 2009, Japan's Manabu Kurita caught a 22-pound, 4.97-ounce largemouth bass from Lake Biwa the current record has been held for 77 years by George W. Perry in 1932 from Georgia's Montgomery Lake, an oxbow of the Ocmulgee River. 22pound 4 oz.

Posted Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:24 pm

Damn...that's a big fish!

Posted Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:51 pm

Bobs Rod and Tackle reported that a guy pulled a 22 pound Pike out of Mansfield recently. Both must have been huge!

Posted Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:58 pm

In 2007 Mac Weakley caught a bass that reportedly weighed 25 lbs 1 oz from a lake in California, however he chose not to submit it for consideration as a new world record. The fish was released alive back into the lake where it was caught.

To bad, the record would have definitely stayed in the u.s.

Posted Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:20 am

that boggles the mind..seriously..theres no way anything that size will ever grow in CT..too cold.. but i think we could generate a record smallmouth in places like Candlewood if people stopped taking fish altogether for like a decade.. that would be awesome.

Posted Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:33 pm

January issue of Bass Master had article on Manabu Kurita's record fish pulled from Lake Biwa, Japan. Says in there he saw a SCHOOL of 20 lb bass when he caught the record fish. You won't see that anywhere around here. In fact, never heard of that in the states. I've seen schools of runts, but nothing of good size schooling together.

Posted Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:22 pm

I saw that article as well. The prices they pay to fish are off the wall. Kinda makes you want to use live bait.

Posted Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:17 am

The article stated that he works a part time job to support his family and fishing. He also spent $40,000 experimenting with fish feeding tendencies. At the crazy prices to travel on the road and to launch your boat, he must earn a fortune working that job.

Posted Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:56 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links