Haven't fish in a long time. I really want to start again. I can only fish from shore . I live in Wallingford and would love some suggestions on where to go.

I used to fish for bass with a friend who had a boat, but we kinda went our separate ways years ago.

Looking to fish for carp,cats, bass. Trout fishing never interested me.

I figure there is Black Pond, Hanover Pond, maybe Dooley's Pond near BL, Lake Beseck(not sure where from shore).

Thanks

Posted Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:55 am

You can also fish both reservoirs in town. North Farms is the one off of Rt.68 and Mackenzie is the one off East Center St./Scard Rd. Don't forget the Quinnipiac river either. There are some monster carp in there and some decent smallmouths too.

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:27 pm

North Farms is tough as the weeds are brutal. Is Mackensie any good since they drained it?

Im starting to look for a small 12-14' canoe. Then NF would be awesome.

Posted Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:46 pm

If you get that canoe Millers pond could be a nice place to do some bass fishing. Take it from me that place is loaded with bass.

Posted Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:38 pm

Silver lake off Berlin Tpke. Dooley Pond has some nice bass. Hanover Pond holds bass as well, just don't go upstream of red bridge, as that is trout stock area and is off limits until opening day. These all have shoreline access.

Posted Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:59 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I took my kids to North Farms Res they other day. We had a blast. Caught 3 YP, 2 sunnies, and the smallest LMB I have ever seen. Probably 4" long. Laughed hard when my oldest landed it.

I will try Hanover Pond soon and Dooleys pond too.

Ill keep your guys updated Very Happy

Posted Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:25 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links