A section for notes? or misc info.? On each users profile(only the user can add/edit).

Posted Tue May 29, 2007 11:25 am

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe a "user tackel box" within the "My Profile Section" that lets you make you own notes on any subject.

Unfortunately Dave O (the site creator and the guy that figures out how to do all this technical stuff) is currently rafting down the St. Joes River in Montana & Idaho this week with several of his fishing buddies fly fishing for record Trout! He sent his first Text Message that you can view on the welcome page tackle box - I see beer but not any Trout. I think they catch the trout on flys and the beer on Master Card! Maybe they ran out of flys. They will never run out of credit cards!

I'm just the site moderator while Dave's away - but I think your idea has merit and could add to the site. Thanks for your input and idea! We will certainly consider it when Dave gets back. Give us a week or two and we'll get back to you.

Thanks also for your continued quality postings. Your input, as well as many of our more recent users postings is begining to make this site a quality source of information for all of our Connecticut fisherman!

Posted Tue May 29, 2007 7:30 pm

I like the suggestion Joe...I have it on my list of "things to do"...I think it will definately be a great addition once i get it in there...Thanks for the excellent input.

Posted Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:47 am

I have two teens who like to hang out with me fishing on the weekends. I have been in East Haven for a year now, still getting familiar with some of
the local territory. Just found out about Lake Saltonstall today but cannot
see of any entrances to hot fishing spots. Wondering if someone can shed some light on this for me.
Thanks

Additionally, I have been looking for a local lake that offers the ability to
rent a boat, get out on the lake, fish for Bass, Yellow Perch, Bluegill, and/or Walleye. Wondering if someone can shed some light on this also.
Thanks

Posted Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:50 am

To Ka8pnm -

Just a sugestion for a nice lake to rent a boat and fish for a variety of species - Trout, Bass, Pearch, etc. - West Hill Lake in New Hartford. Its listed in the Find Trips section (you can get directions) and has a posting in the "Kids Trips" forum. Still a great spot for even "Teens". They can rent their own boat or canoe.

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:18 am

Ka8pnm, I live in East Haven as well. Saltonstall have boats and electric motors you can rent. You need to buy a yearly pass, due to it being water company property, but they have other ponds and lakes to fish as well. I personally have a boat and do most of my fishing in Middlesex and New London countys.

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:56 am

joerock4421

A section for notes? or misc info.? On each users profile(only the user can add/edit).

Joe, I have finally gotten around to adding this feature. In your profile I have created an area called "My Chalkboard". The chalkboard allows you to write about your favorite lures, fishing techniques, reminders, or any other misc notes you want to record. I think its a great way to just keep track of things and share information. Let me know what you think.

Posted Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:02 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links