Fished on a private charter organized by site member John F. on an invite from Mr.Aqualung.Turned out to be a bunch of guys from Pratt on the trip that I have known for years.Needless to say we all had a great time.Fishing was quite a slow pick of cod,haddock,etc. Lotsa doggies,perch,small pollock though to keep us busy reeling up from 250-300 feet down.No numbers per person to really speak of but still a nice day to be out on the water.Lung pulled off the pool winner on the very last drop....a whopping 11 1/2 lb cod!On the way in he broke down and bought every beer left in the boats cooler and passed them around.What a guy!!!
Looking forward already to the next trip in the fall!!!Thanks again Lung for getting me on the trip and thanks to John for putting it together.

Posted Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:11 am

Always a good time fishing with ya tbob. Definitely was a slow day, but enough action to keep my interest. The doggies hitting the jigs was a new experience for me.
Weather and seas were beautiful.
I know John was hoping for a repeat of our last trip out, but as Tommy (Jesus) the mate said "That's summer fishing"
My pool winning fish may not have been a wall mount, but got the job done for me Razz

Thanks for a fun trip John.

I/we tbob, John, need to get serious about planning the Pollock slam in late November. If some of you out there think you might be interested in joining a private charter let me know. If there is enough interest, I can start a list. For those that have never been on a pollock slam trip, look up pollock trip under the "Find Trips" tab here on this site and see last years report.

Posted Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:58 am

Hoping we can put together a trip for pollock in November!I plan on going more than once.When you can feel the jig bounce off their backs on the way down you know you are into some serious fish.And they aint no cod/haddock,these things pull hard.Cmon John,you the man,make it happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:17 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links