Checked local pond Friday and found ice.Walked out on it and seemed good to go.Got up early this morn and went back to fish it.Cut a few holes and found only 2 1/2 inches!Due to being solo did not feel comfortable with that and bailed.Went home got rods to go to Crystal and fish from shore.Knew there had been skim ice midweek but figured it would be gone.With the rain hitting the lake today looked good.Put shiner on a slipbobber rig,cast out and poor shiner lands on a 1/4 of ice.I give up!This weather sucks!I have 3 dozen shiners outside,anybody wanna buy them???hahahahaha.

Posted Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:08 pm

I told ya yesterday, that wasn't a great idea...But NOOOOOO don't listen to lung Razz . So no pitty for you today.
You can come by and drop off you bait in my minnow sanctuary at no cost to you.

Posted Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:05 pm

I better not mix my REAL shiners with those mongrel ones you have in your tank.So I will keep these and catch bass and eyes with them while you catch your little rainbows with those!Actually they look kinda hungry,have you fed them lately???

Posted Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:29 pm

Well now..My bait is not good enough huh?? Well Mister...who caught a decent LMB on my mongrel bait Hmmmmmm?????
Well think of my offer when you get up in the morning and half are belly up! <insert>

Posted Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:23 pm

Thanks a lot Lung......not only are you a weirdo magnet but now you are the kiss of death!I found 4 bellyup this a.m.......but seriously I hope you are out nailing the stripers today and looking forward to Friday unless you bail out on me!

Posted Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:11 pm

well i would think natural bait would work better than store bought sh!t

Bob, can i borrow your umbrella net?

please Smile

Posted Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:39 pm

Not too hard to figure the bait will die from lack of H20 Wink

Let's see what the week brings for Fri

Matt, call me...nets here if you want to use it.
WTF...you lost my cell#

Posted Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:58 pm

I give them fresh H20 every other day!!!I may have to let you take care of them for me though.I know you have one soft spot and that is animals/fish in distress!!!

Posted Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:29 pm

That's the problem...unless you are drawing from a well...the chlorine will kill em.
We hit em OK today..morning was hot...afternoon slowed, no keepers largest about 24"

Posted Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:35 pm

I bought an aerator at Basspro today.They seem much happier now.Guess I wont need you to fishsit now.Thanks anyways!

Posted Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:44 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links