went out today to the seaflower reef today,hoping to due better than the 4th.(that how bad we did,didnt even make a report)last nite i made up some different rigs,one was about the same as a mario rig,but i used a 2 ounce jig with multi- colored bucktail.and a white teaser for the floater.another was my basic rig without spinners and a glow-in-the-dark squid body,and many pink rigs.and i also found a package of gulp sand eels that i recieved at one of the sportsmen show for renewing a magazine subscription.so i threw them into my bag
as we were heading down the thames from shaws cove,i decieded to use the 2oz jig first,since this would be the only time i could.as i was going through my stuff i ran across the gulp,so i put i on the floater,and a hickory shad strip on the jig.about 100 yd into the drift i thought i got into weeds,i pull up and it pulling back,set the hook,landed a 17.5 on the gulp.dropped back down,went another 100 yds,same thing,landed 17 inch on the gulp.i ended up landing 9 more shorts on one eel,before the drift got to much,both joe and don got one keeper each before noon.
when i switched to the glow in the dark.it produced very well,i was the only one landing fish.all shorts except one 16 inch sea bass.near ebb tide the drift slowed down so i switched back to the 2 oz,landed 6 more short on the same eel.these are some tough baits.
on the way in the lower end of the motor started to make a banging noise,stoped to see if we tangled up in something,nothing we could see,started off again,the noise came back with a severe vibration,ended up being towed in by seatow.so much for the luck of 7/7/07

Posted Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:58 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links