Carpy and I got on the water at 7. Motored out to the island first and at 7:15 I had the one and only bass we caught all day.Got it on a Senko wacky style.That was also the spot where Carp started his totally impressive day of pickerel fishing.Cause by the time we stopped at 1 he must have boated between 15 and 20 of them.
No matter which crankbait he threw they were all over it.He also got 3 perch. Quite windy and chilly most of the day and that didnt help when my partner had a little incident about 8:45. All I can say is that it was a "comedy of errors" and next time we go out I am gonna have to tie him to the back pedestal seat so it doesnt happen ever again!Sorry Ev but "I cant believe you did that"!!!
But you are def one tough dude for hanging in there!

Posted Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:49 pm

Couldn't be a balance error. I've seen Carp standing on a yak reaching for a lure in a tree and stay upright.

Posted Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:46 pm

well mac.....he musta been havin an un-balanced morning!

Posted Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:04 pm

see Bob,Mac has seen me in action.I still can't believe that happened either.Long story short,2 guys on the front deck of a little boat (one guy bigger than your average guy),wind blowing,waves rolling,boat hits stump while one guy's trying to avoid stepping on other guys rods,one guy on boat,one guy no longer on the boat!

Posted Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:19 pm

Dam I would have loved to see that. You can try velcro on his ass.

Posted Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:11 am

carp13

see Bob,Mac has seen me in action.I still can't believe that happened either.Long story short,2 guys on the front deck of a little boat (one guy bigger than your average guy),wind blowing,waves rolling,boat hits stump while one guy's trying to avoid stepping on other guys rods,one guy on boat,one guy no longer on the boat!

Wind Blowing?? Waves rolling?? is an excuse to pollute the lake??

You just need a refresher course on those ballet lessons you took there carpster.

Where's the video camera when you need it??

Must of been a tad chilly, glad you are ok to joke about it

Posted Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:34 am

Wow a rare tough day at Moodus for bass.

Glad you are okay Carp, that must have been a cold few hours of fishing!

Posted Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:39 am

Video camera would have been great,probably coulda made ten grand off of that one.America's Funniest Home Videos....Saturday morning was pretty cold even before I went in the drink,I think we both were under-dressed because of all the warm weather we we've been having...TBob kept saying,"Let's take a break and go warm up in the truck." I thought that was for my benefit,being that I was soaked, but the more I think about it,I think he was a little cold too. Sh*t happens,but what are ya gonna do? Call it a day over it? Glad I'm alright too,thanks fellas.But I don't think it'll be necessary to re-new my ballet lessons or put some velcro on my ass!!!

Posted Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:40 pm

Isn't this discussion under the wrong thread? It should be under the Carp Fishing category. If Tbob helped pull him out, does that count as a catch?

Posted Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:47 pm

TBob help pull him out? What? Are you kidding me? I was back in that boat so fast, I would've been back in before he even realized what happened if I didn't have to reach down and get my rod. Not that he wouldn't have helped me out if I needed it, but hitting that water makes you think of only one thing.........getting out! And that water was probably a good 20 degrees warmer than the swim my bud took a couple of months ago.

Posted Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:59 pm

carp13

And that water was probably a good 20 degrees warmer than the swim my bud took a couple of months ago.

I think I see a pattern here

Posted Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:30 pm

HAHAHA!.....I know,maybe I need to re-think whom I fish with from now on!.......and carp forgot to mention I did offer my jacket to him several times.....I really felt bad for him.....and actually let him wear my lucky knit hat to help keep hypothermia from becoming an issue!

Posted Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:43 am

Lucky he didn't get hypothermia. But then again, it wouldn't be the first time he went to the hospital after a fishing expedition.

Posted Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:31 pm

This is true....is he "accident prone"?

Posted Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:04 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links