Keep checking the water level at Rockyhill river park. It's down from thr bench seats a bit, still lapping at the edge of the parking lot.

Posted Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:08 am

Carp and I spent the day working the flooded timber at Wethersfield Cove in our kayaks. Regrettably, we were seriously skunked. No pike, no smallies. We found plenty of branches both above and below surface, as you can see by Carp's unique method of retrieving a snagged lure (I thought I was going to get an action shot of Carp hitting the drink). We did manage to explore a few dead ends. Water murky and reached 50 degrees at one point. I was amazed at how much of the area was flooded.

Posted Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:00 pm

my partner was a no show! Didn't get out today. Mad

Posted Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:11 pm

Action shot of Carp going in the drink? You dirty dog! We did get the skunk though,BIG TIME,no fish,no bites,not even a follow in a solid 9 hours of fishing. Fished every inch of the cove and channel, threw EVERYTHING at em,including the kitchen sink. Main river channel still way too high and fast to fish,from a kayak anyway. Nevertheless,it was a beautiful day to get out and dust off the winter blues.Had a great time despite no fish.

Posted Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:15 am

Monday and the water is back up higher than it was two days ago, compensating for the tide too! When will it end?

Posted Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:31 pm

Sounds like melt run off from up north from all that warm weather we had. It's only going to go up more with this upcoming rain

Posted Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:40 pm

Great pics guys. hopefully the water level will drop next week.

Posted Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:33 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links