What a freekin insane day!Aqualung and I went out on the IC....
17 fares on board...got out to the parking lot and anchored up and didnt move til 11:30 due to some serious rough seas...6-8ers with a relentless wind and I got soaked by one of the waves coming over the bow...good thing I had another jacket and another pair of neoprene gloves inside or I woulda been in big trouble...so anyways,I jigged til 8 and then gave up and switched to bait.A slow but steady pick all morn for some of the guys and for others a fish here and there while anchored...we also had to deal with quite a few doggies...then finally it layed down enuf to pull anchor and start doing some drifts...it was pretty much lock n load all afternoon and everybody limited or better!All they wanted was as much clam as you could fit on a hook.My first time on this boat and highly recommend it...you cant beat 95 bux for 12 hours and actually we stayed out an extra hour.These guys wanted us to catch fish as bad as we do.Great Capt and mates and fished with some great guys that had driven up from N.J. and N.Y.The only thing is I must admit,due to the boats size wouldnt want to be on with a packed boat.20 or 25 tops is nicely doable.I know someone that was on last sunday with 35 and it gets tougher to move around and also not conducive to have that many inside while making the trip out.

Posted Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:18 am

Great report and it sound like yous had a great day fishing.Wish I coulda made it.

Posted Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:40 am

"An insane day" is putting it mildly. I will add my own little report to go along with tbobs. The day started out very brisk and COLD..stiff breeze blowing at the dock when we arrived.
We left the dock at 4 AM sharp, and at about 6 we arrived to our fishing area in the dark. When it was time to fish I stepped out into what felt like a lovely 30 mph steady blow..and man was it COLD!!
Fishing was very slow for me for the first hour or so, then I zeroed in on the dogfish, I would drop and within a minute I was crankin up another one of those damn things. Not bad enough all I'm catching is dogfish but re baiting with frozen bait, kept my hands nice and frozen.
I will say through the 20 dogfish I must have caught not once did a mate offer assistance in the fridged bow area they would have had to leave the cabin or the stern where it was protected from the wind. So the mates DO NOT get a gold star in my book.
Later in the trip they were much more helpful.
It was very difficult conditions, very cold, very windy, very rough, and everything including the deck was glazing over with ice.
I would say about 8 anglers decided not to leave the cabin in the morning at all, they were either sea sick or too cold.
The seas and the wind finally started to subside about 1 and that's when the Capt pulled anchor and we started our drift, and it was game on, we finally got to do what we came for..CATCH FISH. We returned in the cold as well, it never did really warm up the entire day. Some pictures of the day...should have been many more of this unforgettable fishing trip with tbob. What an awesome trip, I wouldn't change a thing...well maybe a couple Wink

Posted Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:26 pm

Just got done enjoying one of the best things about your trip there Lung............FILLETS!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks Again TBob!

Posted Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:50 pm

Great pics Bob!!!....but I dont really blame the mates.One of them would have had to been assigned to stand next to you and help with all the doggies you landed.You were catchin them fast and furious.Already lookin forward to the next trip!!!Brandy bottles refilled and ready for action.

Posted Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:16 pm

Those pics do make it look cold. I'd need a lot of antifreeze in me to deal with that.
Looks like you had a great time, though,

Posted Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:51 am

TBob ALWAYS brings thee anti-freeze! Don't ya T?

Posted Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:46 pm

Yuppers.....dont leave home without it!!!!!!!!

Posted Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:14 pm

tbob55

Yuppers.....dont leave home without it!!!!!!!!

That little nip you carry around?? That keep ya warm for a half hour Razz
Good thing you didn't have any more, I would have cracked my head on the icy deck Wink

Posted Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:12 pm

Actually I did have a backup for the empty one but with all the vikes in me thought better not indulge....I had to be able to function
and help you with all those doggies you caught.....plus make sure your fish got fileted while you were in a warm cabin eating hot dogs and hot pockets!

Posted Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:49 pm

aww,he didn't play that card..............Did he?

Posted Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:40 pm

But of course he did....this is Mr.Lung we be talkin bout....why would he change his routine at this point?.....but he did share some good cheese and horrible crackers with me on the way home so all is good.

Posted Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:11 pm

Cmon Lunger...chime in already...need a laugh!

Posted Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:59 pm

I been meaning to get to this

tbob55

but he did share some good cheese and horrible crackers with me on the way home so all is good.

What was wrong with those exquisite tasting crackers?? I have been saving them ever since our Pollock trip in November, just because the package was opened a little I figured a little fresh air would be good for them. No crackers for you next time buckO...even if you are starving since you don't appreciate a well aged package of crackers

Posted Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:13 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links