Pike fishing; it's almost time. Anybody been doing any piking? I'm done with the fluke season in Ct. My final totals we 29 fluke (4 Keepers).My last 3 fluke trips were terrible. Beautiful weather and no fluke. Great weather and fishing comes along only to rare. I'm going out to try some piking for the first time since May. If I do anything I will post it.
This my first time on the message board. I'll get the hang of it. Good Fishing!!!!!!!!
Steve

Posted Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:00 pm

yeah,I'm ready for some cooler weather,bring on the PIKE!Bring on the the cow SRIPERS too!!! Very Happy

Last edited by carp13 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:54 pm

Ready for those big hogs to put on the feedbag.

Posted Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:55 pm

My Pike fishing has been slow but am hoping for some big ones soon. See my pics for a nice one I got in April!

Posted Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:19 pm

JEEPIN!!! Where ya been man? Very Happy Was wondering about you.Glad to see ya!

Posted Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:28 pm

Speaking of pike fishermen,where's Sandflea,he's the master!

Posted Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:30 pm

Hey Carp, I;m doing good but havent been fishing in a while, just staying cool in the August heat. I've been on my boat alot but havent been south of the Haddam area. I miss the salt water!

Posted Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:24 pm

8-29-09 4 pm 27 inch Pike cought in Haddam. Wait for the big ones!!!

Posted Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:50 pm

Nice pike jeep keep um comin.

Posted Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:01 pm

Hey Steve, when you going to Mansfield??? I been thinking about going soon.

Posted Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:19 am

Hit Mansfield over the long weekend. Saturday, got only a few small bass and a couple of perch. I was fishing the inlets and the mouth of the river in the back corner. Tried the sound on Sunday, but didn't like the 2 to 3 foot waves. On Monday, took the wife with me and headed back to Mansfield. We trolled with the gas motor for a wile, but then decided to throw the bow mount trolling motor in and troll with that. We had four lines in, and got a bunch of perch and one pickerel. Then it died down for a While, when I hooked a nice two pound large mouth bass.

About 15 to 20 minutes later my wife hook up with a whopper!

It weighed over 8 pounds!

Going back as soon as I can! Smile

Posted Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:16 pm

Will be going back to Mansfield over the weekend. Hopefully will hook up with another biggin! Very Happy

Posted Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:30 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links