Well looks like we have ourselves a little spring sprinkle. This downpour is putting a crimp in my fishing style and after its over i am sure there is going to be quite a mess. The front will pass but the lakes and rivers are cooling and will be dirty. The bite will be rough for a while afterward, but i will not let it dampen my spirit!!!!

Posted Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:28 pm

Went to billings lake on sat and the little fish were biting just fine. I got a a crappie and some pickerel, my partner caught bass up to 1.5 lbs.

Posted Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:49 am

Anyone get out on the water? Is there anywhere that hasn't been put on hold for a few days? A day like today, I'm itching to get back on the water. The CT river is pretty dirty and high. Most of the smaller streams are high and fast.

Any ideas?

Posted Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:34 am

I actually was able to get out fishing on Saturday, don't know if anyone else did...

Posted Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:01 pm

went to a little local lake or "five lakes", and they were back on, like the front never past.

Posted Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:14 pm

I made it out on Sunday for the first time to the race.... about 6' swells and nothing really biting, even following around the "crowd" with the Blackhawk as she was chumming... When low tide hit, it got nasty though, could only set up in the water about 5mins before you had drifted back into the mess and had to turn and burn.... had a few bites that ate half an eel and the boat owner got a small 14" blue.... all in all an awesome day on the water with loads of sun, but no fish, and from what I could see, no one else was catching much either...

Posted Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:26 am

dbarnes

I made it out on Sunday for the first time to the race.... about 6' swells and nothing really biting, even following around the "crowd" with the Blackhawk as she was chumming... When low tide hit, it got nasty though, could only set up in the water about 5mins before you had drifted back into the mess and had to turn and burn.... had a few bites that ate half an eel and the boat owner got a small 14" blue.... all in all an awesome day on the water with loads of sun, but no fish, and from what I could see, no one else was catching much either...

Was out Sunday everywhere but the Race. Same story, and it won't be any different this Sat/Sun. Still gotta try. I might be headed further east to RI for cleaner water.

Posted Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:48 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links