I checked out three spots and there coming around but most likely will be good next week at the earliest. My first stop was to Gortons. I was told it was good to go, and its not. The upper pond is iced out, but the main pond is just clear on the north end near the bridge. I tossed a keitech swim bait for a about an hour and got nothing, but just trying to kill the edge on the cabin fever. The boat launch was still locked in, and no chance at a launch, and i brought my yak, DAM!!!! Next i checked out patagansett. My spelling sucks sorry. Anyway, it was clear on the main lake and near the launch but there was a lot of of ice between the main lake and the launch. I jumped back in the car and rolled to powers. It was in the worst shape and may not even be good next week even with some rain. There was some clear water near the dam, but the launch was iced in and the ice was solid all the way into the cove on the right. I decided to check these locations biased on not being trout lakes and they are good to go once the ice is gone.

Posted Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:43 pm

Oh I know how ya feel!!!Been iching to get out! I have not checked any spots, as i knew I'd be dissapointed. My yak is still hanging from the rafters anyway! Will get it down tomorrow and go though it. I have a feeling my first outing will be to Norwich Harbor. I know there's no ice there! Very Happy

Posted Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:25 pm

Did another set of rounds today. Long pond is iced out around the launch and the deep section is all clear. Good if you want to test out your boat but not fishable until opening day. Lantern hill pond 90% ice covered same april story. Lake of the isles is open in the center but all coves and the launch still iced in. Avery pond is 90% covered, and one of my hopes for being clear due to its small size and shallow depth. Amos was clear in the center on both feeding flats and all coves iced in. Good for boat tests another april fishing option. I had my heart broken as i was watching fish feed on the flat right infront of the boat ramp.

Temps for this upcoming week mid to upper 40's. Its coming very slowly!!!

Posted Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:21 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links