I was wondering if any one had any tips for nite fishing
Local ponds and lake ect Cool

Posted Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:33 pm

Top water LMB fishing at night is awesome, Jitter bugs and hula poppers are my favorites.

Posted Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:41 pm

Like lung said top water I like a buzz bait.

Posted Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:29 pm

Jitterbugs and Hula-Poppers?Man that's real old school!I find myself gravitating towards the classics myself,everything has rattles in it now,in high pressure lakes(most of them)I feel like alot of fish are hip to the rattles and may be gun shy because of them.I'll take an old-school,balsa wood,proven classic to the newest $20 crankbait any day of the week,Lung you forgot about the Spook!

Posted Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:45 pm

I think carp covered it all. Idea

Posted Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:30 pm

Appreciate it Dave,ofcourse rattles do have their place,dirty water for example and yeah at night too,and I do throw alot of baits that have them,I'm just saying that in certain situations it's possible that a bait without them will produce better.When I go tackle shopping I now make an effort to find lures without them so I have a selection when the right situation presents itself.There aren't many out there(crankbaits without rattles),all the new ones have them,hence my love for the classics.

Posted Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:08 am

Funny how age creeps up on you, when the lures I came to trust and the old faithfuls are called 'real old school' LOL.
I guess I have enough of them and haven't had to replace them, not to mention I don't do anywhere near as much freshwater fishing as I use to.
I guess my attitude is if it aint broke don't fix it Wink Laughing

Posted Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:16 am

All these posts were perfect, Stick with the basic floaters and top water weedless. Try to mimic a natural bait. Here is another take... Remember going swimming and opening your eyes under water and seeing the sun? Well Bass and other fish see the shadow against the night sky. Also a fishes Lateral line has all the nerve endings to detect movement. See my pictures for a nice bass I cought at night reciently. Don't forget, a flash light, plyers and a bell if your bottom fishing for cats etc.

Posted Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:14 pm

cool guys thanks for the info I ended up with 1 largie the other nite with a top water frog

Posted Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:34 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links