My last trip to Waterford although was productive, was also careless.
I didn't do the research on the winds and this made for a huge learning experience.

I wanted to take my kids this weekend, but with the weather the way it was, that was obviously out of the question.

Today was my best shot of the week. I was watching the weather every eight hours....When I arrived on the water this morning at 7am, it was like a pond...It was wonderful to head out wondering what this day had in store for me...I left from dock road and headed past Millstone all the way to the point..maybe a half mile East...for a change the drift was pushing me back to where I came from instead of out to sea...that's never happened...and I found myself in shallow waters soon...This is a concern of course because I'm using battery power..two large ones..The first is for the trip and the second is for emergency since the motor that came with the boat was defective in it ability to monitor battery strength.

I was beginning to discover, It was great not having to deal with above water roller coasters and fishing at the same time..and snagged a couple nice ones...and just like that, the current on the bottom was way too much for my gear and I needed to head toward the bay...this seems to always happen.

This was planned as my last trip, so I hoped it would turn out well of course...I got into the porgs for a good two hours, and then just like that, no matter where I went, they were gone....I caught a sea robin I thought might have been a giant Porg..record.....and I unexpectedly snagged a couple young fluke...just too small...I was bummed because one of those pancakes gave a terrific fight...

Once 12:30 /1RazzM hit, I couldn't get anything to bite..anywhere...amazing how the sea works....there were a ton of party boats out there...Ive never seen their presence there, but it was obvious they were getting the skunk.....I'm sorry they didn't get in a good day, but these party boats are going to do the same they did to the fluke...and I cant help but dislike them....Their limits are outrageous and the sizes are very small.

Posted Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:20 pm

My mistake, this should have been in the salt water forum.

Posted Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:59 pm

Hey I was there yesterday too! Launched at 6:30 off at one. Lots of small porgy and sea bass and about 5 blues.

Posted Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:55 am

We just missed each other...I was getting dicked around at the bait and tackle about some bunker...I'm not using that s*** any more. I'll catch my own bait. I asked the guy if he would cut it for me, so I could launch the boat right when I got there. He actually said with an attitude "I don't touch the stuff."

I stay around the point or in the deeper parts of the bay...I stay far away from Millstone... I caught a couple of close to keeper fluke yesterday but decided to do the right thing. I'm really disappointed how the population has decreased so much from when I was a kid. I remember my grandfather used two hooks and would real them both back both on.

I cleaned the fish last night...double garbage bagged. When I came back downstairs this morning, it was bad...I jogged it down to the garage...

Someone cleaned their fish right on the wall of the boat launch...Im sure you saw it because the flies were all over everything...and some older guy came up to me and could see I was trying to launch but wanted to chat about how he was going out tomorrow, and on and on.....people just don't get how hard it is to launch and leave because its not trailered....and at the end of the day when the sun has stolen every last ounce of energy...there is always some dude, "Ya catch anything!" pokin around in my stuff...and yesterday just got in without banging the motor into anything...very proud of that and now was ready to start whipping car batteries and roll up hard bottom rigid floors...and up comes this goofy dude in sunglasses....and I'm ignoring him because people are waiting to launch....finally I give into the stare and his presence and look up. His teeth are sticking out under his mustache...He said in a very feminine way "Is there a Waterford state park?" I should have takin his picture and he wouldn't leave until I got in my car and drove away.

Posted Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:44 pm

no blues for me BTW..but I caught a couple of the biggest freakin sea robins ever.....thats like the biggest pisser because they fight so well when they get big....and they just get ot the top of the water and I've got the net all ready....boooooooo LOL

Posted Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:45 pm

same fish have been on ice for two weeks!

Posted Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:15 pm

Posted Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:25 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links