Thanks tbob, I hope we have a good trip also.

But how does a trip almost a month later get in the way of you joining this one

Belly up to the rail there bud, I plan on doing both trips

Go Fish

Posted Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:31 pm

How soon you forget I had a banner day on the FF recently.Also, some of us have other obligations to take care of.We are not all semi-retired like you.

Posted Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:49 pm

He's not semi retired?

What about me, do I not fish often?

Come on, whats the excuse this time?! Rolling Eyes

Posted Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:41 pm

Just received word a couple guys dropped out, not any from our group.

If you or somebody you know want to jump on this trip let me know.

Posted Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:14 am

Just a heads up, looks like 4-6' sea's

Anyone coming on the trip who may be prone to getting sea sick may want to take/bring their Dramamine.

Can't say I didn't warn you.

Posted Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:28 am

Fishing should be excellent with seas like that!Fill the cooler Lung!!
Make sure you bleedem toooo!

Posted Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:01 pm

What a disappointing attempt at a Cod fishing trip.
All of the CTFF and Capt. Phil's crew arrived plenty early.
We all waited out in a stiff cool breeze waiting to hop aboard.

We left the dock with 20 fisherman, not the 30 that was originally discussed. We may have lost one or two of the group to Massachusetts finest, reasons unknown at this point.

We all settle in, the galley is preparing the breakfast sandwiches everything looking good at this point.

Well, then things took a turn for the worse. Everyone was requested to put up another $25 to help fill the loss of dollars because of the small turn out. I don't think anyone was happy but we came to fish so the extra money is payed out.

Then the collection for the pool, which was a $20 dollar bill which I thought was a bit high for a pool.

As the trip out continued you could feel the sea's building, after an hour steam out and one good wave collision, the capt. turned it around and we headed home. Our trip money was refunded, the pool money was a contribution to the crew and fuel.

I was looking forward to a great trip since my previous trip was canceled twice. This trip itself was a disaster, but on the upside I got to meet john7110, and Fishon2 (Capt. Phil) here from the site and Phil's group of hard core fisherman.

I'm not going to second guess the captains decision to turn it around, but I feel the the poor management of the of the powers that be for this trip was obvious.

I'm done whining, I will be watching the reports and looking forward to my next real cod trip.

Posted Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:47 pm

WOW, thats a tough one to deal with!So glad I didnt sign up for this debacle.$20 pool???WTF???Very surprised Jimmy didnt turn on a red light yesterday afternoon.Seas forecast musta changed real quick.Dont worry Lung there will be plenty of cod swimming around waiting for you when you get there next time.In the meantime just open a beer and watch your puppies grow!

Posted Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:54 pm

I was bummed to read your report. I was anticipating this report and hopeing to see lots of pictures of you guys struggling to hold up huge fish.

Sorry it didn't work out. Best of luck next time my man.

Posted Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:06 am

All that planning and SNUFFED Bummer

Posted Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:48 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links