I might end up taking the family, which makes longpond a good option. I dont want to deal with huge crowds, so a river might be a better bet if the fam does not want to play... Part of fishing is the solitude, and the nice quiet backgound. Fishing during the winter would be the best if the fish would play along....

Posted Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:23 pm

im thinking that first pond we went together at John, Burr Pond its not a stock trout pond so no crowd at all and theres the state picnic area and beach to hang around on if weather is nice, if not they have the pavilion up the hill. 2nd choice would be the 1 just up the road Park Pond thats a boat only area with no beach or shore ppl to deal with at all (happy Cove) from my pic's page

Posted Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:12 pm

Been a tradition for over ten years, 6am meet my buddy at Blackwells Brook here in Brooklyn, wade in the stream till around noon. Then I usually take the 17ft out. This year I will probably take the yak out in the afternoon. May give Mansfield a whirl.

Posted Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:33 am

This is the first Opening Day in 5 years that I am not working! I plan on celebrating at Black Pond in Meriden.

Posted Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:55 pm

Proto,
Great meeting you at the Black Pond annual opening day festivities. The traditional bloody marys with shrimp and celery served out on the water by Lisa and Dick are always a great way to start the day.
You should have stuck around a bit longer. once everybody (almost) had their limits, the food started with venison omelets, black pepper shrimp on the grill, chili, knockwurst, burgers, venison hotdogs, turtle soup, venison ribs and the final meal was an incredible smoked turducken. Yes, a boneless Turkey stuffed with a duck and a chicken with an incredible rice based stuffing. Took a long time in the smoker, but came out GREAT. Hope to see you out again this year and again next.

Posted Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:18 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links