This is getting serious, someone told me that there was rain coming this week, I just check the local forecast and it does not show any rain in this area..Uhhgggg

Posted Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:20 pm

Well looks like there a chance of some rain this weekend showers sat. rain sun/mon back to showers tues and temps in the 50ish ...burr willy for the trouters ....need some rain I want to fire up the wood burning BBQ but not with fire hazard .....only problem we get a good soaking and the mosquito population going to EXPLODE!!!!

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:46 am

Looking like Sunday we may finally get some....awwww poor worm dunkers Razz Looks like they will be ok for Sat. from what I see.
Exactly...I agree about the mosquitoes, been nice to be able to be outside and not get eatin up

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:06 am

Can't wait, According to the NWS (and we know how good GVT agencies are) the forcast for Norwich:
Friday Night: A slight chance of showers after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Saturday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 65. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Saturday Night: Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 47. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Sunday: Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 57. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Sunday Night: Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 43. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Monday: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 56. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Monday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:18 am

From the Hartford Courant

(You don't say?? Really?)

A lack of rainfall has forced fishermen to look for new waterways, water companies to monitor reservoir levels and a state government drought committee to set its first meeting.

The Day of New London reports that Chris McDowell, fisheries biologist at the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, says rainfall levels more than 6 inches below normal have made water levels at some favorite fishing spots too low to receive fish.

Fish were taken elsewhere and were even being doubled up in some places.

In addition, the state Department of Public Health has advised water companies to monitor reservoirs. Emergency planning may be needed if dry conditions persist.

A state Interagency Drought Work Group also is now meeting.

The National Weather Service's U.S. drought monitor lists drought conditions in most of Connecticut as "severe."

Posted Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:28 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links