Experts Forecast Banner Mosquito Year
Bedford, MA - As experts predict a record number of mosquitoes this summer, concerned consumers fear mosquito borne illnesses and want DEET-free repellent options such as ThermaCELL lanterns and appliances. ThermaCELL, the most effective area repellent available, has been approved by the EPA and found to be a highly effective in tests conducted by the U.S. Department of Defense.

"One of the warmest winters on record could lead to a bug bonanza over the next few weeks..." Entomologist George Hamilton of Rutgers University, was quoted in USA Today stating mosquitoes could be an issue this year. In some places, the onslaught has already begun: "We're seeing insects out there that we don't usually see this time of year...," says Missy Henriksen of the National Pest Management Association."*

The mild temperatures are already causing mosquito issues in cities such as Houston and in the Gulf. "If the trend of warm weather and rain continues this season, mosquitoes will hatch earlier than usual and reproduce faster," said Allegra Lowitt, vice president of marketing. "ThermaCELL products are the only repellent option on the market that is this effective, has no odor and works in minutes." ThermaCELL lanterns and appliances can discreetly protect everyone in your family, replacing the need to douse in DEET.

How ThermaCELL Works
ThermaCELL area mosquito repellent Lanterns and Hand-Held Appliances are small and portable. The ThermaCELL butane cartridge heats a mat releasing allethrin, an insect repellent that is a synthetic copy of an insecticide found in chrysanthemums. Each mat contains enough repellent for four hours of protection and works in minutes. Each butane cartridge lasts 12 ours.

ThermaCELL, a division of The Schawbel Corporation of Bedford, Massachusetts is a leading innovator of outdoor comfort technology. With a rich 30-year history, ThermaCELL products include award-winning ThermaCELL Mosquito Repellent products to keep bugs at bay, Coolware Personal Cooling System to provide relief from the heat and Heated Insoles to keep feet warm during cold weather activities. For more information, visit www.thermacell.com or call 866-753-3837.

* http://www.usatoday.com/weather/climate/story/2012-02-22/warm-weather-bugs-emerge/53225274/1

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:10 pm

i can tell the bugs were already on me while fishing today. I did not catch anything except the tick on my son . Shore fishing sucks, and the bugs are there all the time.

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:59 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links