New regulations lift limit on tipup numbers for Jr fishermen

Wording of the new regulation lifts the restriction of only two tipups or lines for anyone under 16. The new regulation is the same as for an adult/license holder - a total of six (6) tipups/lines may now be used.

Effective 10/4/11.

26-112-43. Definitions and restrictions:
(u) "Ice fishing" means fishing through the ice with tip-ups, bobbers or floats, similar devices or hand-held jigs. The following restrictions shall apply to ice fishing:

(1) An individual may use, at one time, tip-ups, bobbers or floats, similar devices or hand-held jigs in any combination thereof, not exceeding six in the aggregate.

(2) Each line shall be restricted to not more than three baited hooks, with or without attractors, or three ice flies or three artificial lures or any combination thereof, not exceeding three in the aggregate.

(3) All tip-ups, bobbers or floats or similar devices shall have the name and address of the person using the same legibly printed thereon or attached thereto.

(4) No tip-ups, bobbers or floats or similar devices shall be used unless they are personally attended.

OLD language that was eliminated: Persons under sixteen years of age may use two tip-ups, bobbers, floats, similar devices or hand held jigs in any combination thereof, not exceeding two in the aggregate.

Posted Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:34 am

That makes me ask a question about non-ice fishing. My license allows two active rods (I'm putting this in my own words here). My grandson or granddaughter, being under the age of 16, are allowed two as well? Or does their rod count as one of mine? or are they unlimited? I'll have to look that uo huh?

Posted Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:03 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links