punkinseed78

I don't have any proper equipment I.E. drill for ice(?) do we need certain type of pole??

I don't have any "proper" ice fishing stuff either, so I'm just going to use my 4ft river pole. I think my neighbor has a drill, so I'm sure I can borrow it, or take him with us. He love to fish any time of the year. He is Steve in my friends list. I will let you know as soon as I decide to give the ice a try.

As for stripers in the Thames, Oh don't you worry, I'll get there soon too. Very Happy

Posted Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:00 pm

Pretty much a different scene in the winter for stripers, No live bait needed. Schoolies are mostly what are caught now..between 14"-22" are common, bigger fish are mixed in. Just some soft plastics and lead head jigs...I will get a picture of what I use in a day or two.
Light tackle is fine...just think how lucky you would be if you got spooled Razz

Ehhhem the ice drill is called an Auger Wink

Tip-ups or sometime called traps you are allowed 6 if you chose to jig 5 tip-ups and your jigging rod. Basically 6 lines totalk for ice fishing per person

Posted Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:06 pm

YO! Elon what time you leaving?

Posted Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:41 am

well Elon hope to catch ya there at Thames sometime! Let me know how the drilling for ice works out, too Wink LOL Aqualung @ "icedrill" Razz ty for the info, I told my other half abt the postings, we're getting psyched abt checking out some waters this week...got snow and colllllld weather in forecast, but thursdays looking good! maybe check out Glasgo for ice and perhaps Thames @ Norwich for action...will post thereafter abt results.....til then, happy casting, all! Smile

Posted Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:19 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links