Stayed in all last weekend due to illness. This weekends weather looks like crap, but I'm takin the yak to Black Pond in Middletown Saturday morning, as long as there is no lightening. Hope the bass are active with the impending storm on the way. Gotta get out.

Posted Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:54 pm

Way to get after Mac. Hey, we gotta get out again before the hard water season.

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:42 am

come on Mac, don't be a wimp!!! I'll head out Sunday with ya! Cool Laughing Good luck!

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:36 am

ehertzfeld

come on Mac, don't be a wimp!!! I'll head out Sunday with ya! Cool Laughing Good luck!

I wouldn't mind going the day after the storm just to see how it would be (too bad I gotta work). Day before was very productive. Got on the water just after 6AM and caught 9 bass in first 2 1/2 hours. Then it died around 8:30. Water 75 degrees, calm and foggy all morning. Caught 2 off top of lilly pads with frog, then the rest using wacky rigged senko along drop off on western side. Then it was dead and decided to pack up when it started raining at 10:30.

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:59 am

Nice fish. May go out and fish from shore in a bit as long as there is no lightning.

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:46 pm

Went out to Black Pond this afternoon and got skunked. Launched at 5 PM and called it quits at 7:45PM. Frogs on lily pads, worm rigs deeper, surface and sub surface, spinnerbaits and jerks. Not a bite. Didn't have anything left to throw at em. So much for fishing after Hurricane. Maybe stirred up so much that they are well fed.

Posted Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:15 pm

Way to go Mac. looks like some nice bass you got there.

Posted Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:01 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links