Set sail on the Island Current II at 11:30 Thurs eve and didnt get back to the dock til 2 p.m.Friday.
What an awesome trip!The night bite was ferocious and finally slowed down and then again about 10 a.m. another good flurry of even better quality size fish were caught.By the time it was all over every single person on board had plenty of filets to bring home.I ended up with 15 keepers including a 15 lber that won the pool!
I am afraid that several peep on board had never seen cod fishing like this and are now most likely spoiled for life.A big shout out of thanks to Aqualung for bookin the boat!We had a great crew of 16 guys and the lone mate Eric did a topnotch job of taking care of all of us. This will probably do it for me until April when Lung and I go on a Haddock trip on the 8th and then a Cod trip on the 22nd out of New Hampshire. No more room in the freezer!!!

Posted Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:12 pm

Good fishin = Good times, one of the good trips for sure.
Congrats on the pool....CTFF has had 3 pool winners in 2 months.

Glad you and your buds were finally able to jump on one of my 3 trips out of Snug Harbor this year

Posted Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:59 pm

Congrats on the the pool winner T-Bibbity!..............and hey,don't use the ol' "my freezer is full" excuse not to go fishin.................my freezer is just down the street...........no charge for cold storage! Wink

Posted Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:01 am

Good for You guys!!!!!

Posted Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:29 am

might be intrested to long of a drive from trumbull 11 year old katie might not be able to handle it

Posted Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:41 pm

Murky this was a trip from last year, but most likely we will do some Block Island cod trips again this winter

I am currently trying to put together a trip for Nov that is posted here on the site, why don't you jump on that one?

Posted Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:39 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links