Almost ready for spring??? can't wait for this damn ice to melt. What will you guys be using? I'm gonna be opening up with a lot of crankbaits(been building up my collection over the winter)! ANd some spinnerbaits to. My secret weapon though will be the 10" black powerworms.

Posted Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:01 pm

Gonna be a while longer with ice. If I was smart, I'd head to Florida for free room & board at my parents winter hideout. They keep bustin my stones with how its cold at night, but gets ONLY near mid 80s during the day. They make it sound as though they are torchured with extreme cold at night. Would love to ship some gear down and just go for it. Too bad work spoils that idea. Just bought depth/fish finder for my kayak. Planning on dragging bottom with salamander or jig. See if any slowpoke pigs are lounging around and not quite awake

Posted Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:11 pm

im with ya on waiting for the ice to melt.. its driving me nuts..i hate winter..ive heard from a few sources that pike are hittin in Haddam on the CT river. but i dont have 40$ for a new license just yet.. what a pain that price hike is... my usual first lures of spring are shiny flashy things..spinners and cranks mostly but i dabble in big casting spoons for pike and stripers when io get the chance to hit the river.ive been itching to go..reorganizing my tackle.. looking online at tackle making supplies. i make 90% of my own spinners, and have had amazing success on many of them. once i start making them in earnest, i may be looking to sell them, if anyone is interested.

Posted Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:22 pm

Maybe by the end of March I can hit the river with an x-rap and a texas rigged crawl. Too long to wait.

Posted Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:27 am

Re-spooled and cleaned all my reels like 2 weeks ago! Can you say cabin-fever?

Posted Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:25 pm

I can fix your cabin fever.....out on the ice next week!!!

Posted Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:58 pm

tbob55

I can fix your cabin fever.....out on the ice next week!!!

Been working for me!

Posted Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:05 pm

Still not feeling the ice fishing too much but I'll give it another shot,put me in coach!

Posted Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:15 am

Heavy rain and warmer weather. Won't be too long before we can start casting.

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:27 am

ice is melting aroundwaterbury...it is time...
Twisted Evil

Posted Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:06 pm

Saw a few boats out on Pattagansett Sunday.

Posted Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:53 am

Its Already That Time Caught A Couple Large Mouth!!! If The Ice Is Melted Game On!!!Good Luck To Every 1!!!

Posted Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:08 pm

Bass are slammin on shallow ponds right now. Had 5 in about 40 minutes, mostly on a small Storm Swim Shad, one a a spinner bait. All under 2 lbs. Guy that beat me to my spot had a pair of 4-5 pounders. He was fishing a pumpkin jig with a grub attached and working structure. Saw a fair number of minnow schools and a finger sized catfish that was definately out of place where I was fishing (Hanover Pond Meriden). Either some have worked their way in, or somebody has started their own stocking project.

Posted Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:17 am

Everything cleaned and ready to fish! Need the ice to go away! Enough already

Posted Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:40 pm

Cleaned a few reels this morning and went to North Farms Reservoir this afternoon to try em out.
Looks like long winter and possibly low oxygen caused some kill. Lots of small 3 - 4" sunfish dead along the shore. A few good sized LM and calico bass and 1 large carp also floating. Only walked a short section of shore. Stunk like hell. Only made a few casts and never had a bite. Reels in good working order. Gonna load the yak and hit Beaver Pond in Meriden next weekend if weather holds. We had great late ice action there a few weeks ago. Multiple 5 lb bass caught.

Posted Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:04 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links