I busted a fairly new Shakespeare rod on a pollock trip back a couple months ago (11-2011) and contacted Shakespeare as to how to repair or replace what may have been a faulty product.
Here is what their reply was....keep in mind this rod cost me about $70
By the time I jump through hoops and pay for all this aggravation, the warranty is just BS from Shakespeare.

I bought the rod new from a dealer online so returning it to the store was not an option.

Shakespeare sucks in my opinion....and I have owned their rods for 30 years....the customer service blows!!

Notice this center does not say Shakespeare anywhere

Thank you for taking the time to contact us about your fishing rod. Unfortunately, we do not have a repair center for rods and also do not have any replacement parts. If your rod failed due to a manufacturing defect and is still under warranty, we will be happy to replace it with a new rod of the same or comparable model.

This rod carries a 5 year warranty against manufacturing defects.

If your rod is within the original warranty period, we will need to inspect your rod to determine the nature of the break. Rods NOT covered under warranty can be submitted for replacement for a nominal fee, but it will be necessary to contact us for charges and details. Call us at 800-237-5539 (Customer Services) M-F 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST.

It is recommended that you return your rod to us by U.P.S. or Fed-Ex (keep your tracking number). Package your rod in a disposable container, because we do not return rod tubes. Include a brief description on how your rod broke, when it was purchased and a daytime phone number along with your full name and physical address for Fed-Ex return delivery. We CANNOT return to a P.O. BOX. If you mail your rod, please be sure to register it for tracking. Send your complete damaged rod, dated sales receipt (if you are unable to find your receipt include the approximate date of purchase) and a check or money order for $9.95 per rod for postage and handling payable to Pure Fishing to the following address:

Pure Fishing
1900 - 18th Street

Spirit Lake, IA 51360

Attn: ROD WARRANTY DEPT.

Thank you,

Pure Fishing

Customer Service

For contact information outside the US please refer to the websites and go to About Us, contact us, scroll down to bottom of page for Pure Fishing addresses that are not in the US and contact the one you will need. Thank you!

Posted Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:16 pm

screwed

Posted Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:27 am

Thats why I always buy Shimano. When Tournament Tackle was in business I just brought them back and got a new one off the shelf. Now I haven't broken one since two years ago, so I don't know yet how that life time garrentee still works.

Posted Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:39 am

Pure Fishing is a HUGE conglomerate of companies. 90% of everything on the shelves at tackle stores is put out by Pure Fishing and just as I suspected,they could give a sh*t about customer satisfaction. You could put down the Shakespear and grab a Berkeley and they still make their money. My brother fishes alot of tournaments and swears by Quantum. He breaks rods regularly,mostly stupid ways,in no way in the lines of a manufacturer defect and has no problem getting brand new replacements. Those are on the high end rods though,the cheap ones don't have the same warranty. I have 3 Shakespears, been fishing Ugly Sticks since I was a kid, never had a problem with them. Most I ever did was bust a tip on one and replaced it myself but every one I have/had were under $35.00 except for the Ugly Stick Tiger Light which I've had for a year now and like alot.

Posted Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:14 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links