Played in the Niantic Rotary Club golf outing on Monday, 10/4, and one of our foursome won the top raffle prize. It is a night striper trip for 6 people on the Dot-E-Dee (worth $780). Looks like we'll be drift fishing. I only get out in salt 2 or 3 times a year, so I'm looking forward to it.
Question is, when is the best time to schedule? How much time do we have left this year for a productive night?
Any input would be appreciated.

Posted Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:55 am

Mac, I'm far from an expert but the consensus is that the month of October is supposed to be very good for striper fishing. I'd book it ASAP. Thinking about launching the yak out at Stonington on Sunday, there's still a possibility of some albies around too not to mention blues.

Posted Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:17 pm

As you know, my yak is only for calm water. Otherwise, I'd join you in a heart beat. I'm thinking of going to Wethersfield cove and looking for pike. If the weather is right, I can move out to the river.

Posted Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:41 pm

Hey Mac, I've been thinking about chasing pike in the river too. Wethersfield could be hit or miss though. From what I understand the Haddam area is the place to be for fall/winter pike. I'm not familiar with that stretch of river but I do have directions from a good source to a hotspot. We might have to figure out where to launch once we get down there because my source fishes from shore but I definitely think it's worth a shot. Like to get down there before the end of the month. You in?

Posted Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:52 am

I'm in.
Currently walking the unemployment line, so just about any day is good for me.

Posted Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:38 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links