I'm sorry to inform the CT fish finders members, that Steve Runnings, AKA steve1, passed away. He was my neighbor and he and I talked all the time. He has been sick for a few weeks. He has been in and out of the hospital. He was supposed to retire at the end of the month! He told me he was going to fish as much as possible. His dream was to get his captain licence and move to Cabo and start a fishing charter. He was a great neighbor, and friend. He loved to share stories and tips on fishing better. He was alway coming out of the house as I pulled in, just to ask, how I did. He will be missed greatly! I know he got to know a few of the member here. He thought highly of you and the site. It's a very sad day here.

This is how I will always remember him.

Posted Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:59 pm

sorry for your loss .sounds like a great guy Sad

Posted Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:17 pm

Sorry for your lost.

Posted Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:03 pm

thanks guys, but it's our loss, not just mine.

Posted Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:20 pm

Terrible news, while I never contacted Steve directly, he posted some very impressive pictures of his catches, and just recently broke into posting on the board. Very sorry to hear the news.

The Fisherman's prayer for Steve

I pray that I may live to fish.......
Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net
And peacefully asleep
That in His mercy I be judged
Big enough to keep.

Posted Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:30 pm

sorry to hear that

Posted Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:25 pm

Thanks lung. I'm going to copy that prayer and give it to his wife. I hope they will read it at the funeral. It's so fitting for him.

Posted Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:39 pm

I am sorry for your lost. The CT Fish Finder community has lost a great friend and angler today. Our prayers are with you and his family.

Posted Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:03 pm

Stephen Running
Stephen Running September 26, 1954-September 15, 2009 Brooklyn, CT - Stephen Wayne Running 54, of Bailywoods Road Brooklyn, Ct died Tuesday morning at the Yale New Haven Hospital in New Haven, CT. He was born in Providence, RI on September 26, 1954 son of the late Herman Running Jr. and the late Rose (Gilmore) Running. Stephen worked for 22 years at the St. of CT at Norwich State Hospital and then worked in the community as a mental health worker for the Dept. of Mental Health and Addiction Services and the last five years her worked as a shift coordinator for the Southeastern Mental Health Authority. On April 10, 1999 he was united in marriage to Linda (Lisiewski) Orowson in Canterbury, Ct. Mrs. Running survives her beloved husband. Mr. Running was an avid sportsman which included fishing with his father in many countries. He played baseball for many years and loved bowling. In addition to his wife Linda, Stephen was survived by two children James Orowson Jr. of Plainfield and Heather Orowson of Plainfield, a brother and sister in law Ted and Mary Beth Running of Norwich, four grandchildren Darien Sharkey, Anthony Marshall IV, Kylee Morrison and Jacob Orowson and two nephews Scott and Adam Running. A visitation will be held on Friday from 6 to 8PM at the Cummings - Gagne Funeral Home 82 Cliff St. Norwich, CT 06360. The funeral and interment will be private and at the convenience of the family. In lieu of flowers donations may be made to Yale - New Haven Hospital 20 York St. New Haven, CT 06510. Condolences may be sent to www.cummings-gagnefh.com.

http://www.legacy.com/norwichbulletin/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=132965680

Posted Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:22 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links