My optima deep cycle dual purpose just crashed after 5 years. Plan on getting another but wondering if I'm missing something about the diehard deep cycle marine battery besides the difference in price. I use it for trolling only with my Minnkota saltwater 55 pound thrust motor.
Comments please.
thanks

Posted Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:46 pm

Personally I don't think you can beat an Interstate battery, they may cost a little more but well worth it I think

Posted Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:07 am

Opinions are worth what you pay for them...mine especially but unless you need to install your battery in an awkward position(I had to mount one laying down to fit under my front deck, so the gel was perfect), or in a way where it might topple over then the extra hundred or so that you'd spend, wouldn't be worth it. If you just need a good, reliable, Deep Cycle battery then Aqualung is exactly correct. You really can't beat an Interstate. Just make sure that the one you buy has the capacity that you need for a full day on the water.

Grampa

Posted Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:46 pm

Thanks my friends for the input. Did a lot of researching on batteries and Interstate was always at the top of the list. A buddy of mine went to a battery factory and said many different brands were made by the same company,Johnson control I believe. and different labels slapped on them at the end of the line. My blue top fit upright under my deck and was belted down so I need to pay attention to height of a wet cell.

Posted Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:47 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links