Hey yall,

I am new to the state, just moved to Norwalk about 2 weeks ago. I got the CPA exam tomorrow bright and early and then after that I plan on checking out some local streams and doing some fishing.

I am originally from Texas, and grew up fishing for bass and crappie on really large lakes, so I have a feeling fishing here might be a little different, but I am looking forward to it.

One quick question, I used to fish year around. Actually, in Texas I probably fished more during the winter because its easier to fish in 50 degree weather than 110 degree heat. I was not sure what the fishing is like up here come the colds of winter. I was not sure if ice fishing is popular, or if that is more north of hear. Any information would be appreciated, and if anyone is near the area and looking for a fishing partner, let me know.

Posted Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:09 pm

welcome friend! I think you will find fishing here more challenging. I'm sure the pond and lakes are a lot bigger in TX, as they claim "everything is bigger there". Smile As far as fishing in the winter, hard water "ice fishing" is pretty popular here, but its a short season. With varying temps in the winter, the ice ever gets a chance to get real think.

Oh, make sure you purchase a fishing licence. We now have to get one for Salt water as well as fresh. Id hate to hear you get nailed for not having one.

Welcome and enjoy. Oh please do come back to tell us about your adventures.

Elon AKA hertzy.

Posted Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:41 am

good luck fishing in CT

Posted Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:22 pm

welcome to CT. As Hertzy said,you'll find it a little more difficult fishing here. I'm not from the norwalk area but I can tell you that your best resource for spots in your area is searching the internet. Try finding spots on a map using:

http://www.bing.com/maps/

When you find a body of water in your area,research it here and elsewhere online.
CT.gov site can be a excellent resource too.

http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?a=2686&q=322286&depNav_GID=1620&depNav=|

Posted Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:46 pm

Thanks for the advice. I picked up a license the other day for Freshwater, probably should have got one for saltwater as well. I hit up the Norwalk River on Sunday afternoon after my exam an did ok. I managed two trout in the 10-12 inch range, a few perch, small bass and a bunch of what I thought were daise, but someone informed me they could be fingerling trout.

Posted Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links