HI

I live in New Haven, I don"t go salt fishing but i want to get into it. long story short what can I expect to fish for, where, and what time of the season???? I only have medium weight gear, the sort you use for larger fresh water fish (I like ultra light and can adapt that concept to the sea with 8 or 10 lb test) The main thing is that i don't know what to fish for or how. I know that I can "fish off the rocks" but I would have no Idea what I was fishing for and/or weather or not anything was "in season" to be had. I was read "there is a fine line between fishing and standing on the bank like a fool".
please help me fish and not be the fool Very Happy
thanks
peace

Posted Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:34 pm

I would suggest taking the time to read the CT anglers guide.
It is here on the site for you under the "Tackle Box" tab or here you go.
http://www.ct.gov/dep/lib/dep/fishing/anglers_guide/anguide.pdf
Check the marine section.

I would also suggest getting out there on some piers and jetty's where people are fishing and watch and ask questions.
People for the most part will be happy to help a new comer.

Posted Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:23 am

Jim, theres two spots by the 95 bridge that folks fish from and get fish. Three way with bunker seems to work for those folks. Stripers have been in for awhile, but maynot bite during daylight at this point, but blues should be in somewhat now. Talk to the boys at Dee's Tackle, they can set you up.

Posted Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:53 am

thanks man

Posted Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:47 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links